Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 07:46 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,984,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
For once, I am waiting to buy candy.

Every year I buy early and end up picking my favorites out of the bags, then a few of the things that are left, and a few more, until there is nothing in the bags but the broken hearts of all the neighborhood ghosts, goblins, superheroes, and witches.

No, my friend, you are not alone. I almost bought candy yesterday, but stopped myself. I am bound and determined to only buy candy ONCE this Halloween.

How was your roast?
It was delicious. So was the baked potato I had with it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2006, 08:00 PM

164 posts, read 353,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
It was delicious. So was the baked potato I had with it
So instead of butter and sour cream, you put Twix and Snickers on it?

These previous posts have shamed me with their honesty. Occasionally, if I'm feeling reckless, I will indulge in a treat or two ... or 80.

BTW - I'm glad to hear that someone else's mom eats Halloween candy. My mom used to eat ours while we were at school. To this day, whenever I get a piece of candy I feel like I must hide it somewhere.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:17 PM

20 posts, read 191,095 times
I bought Snickers, Reese's and Butter Fingers this morning while grocery shopping, when I got home I had Snickers, Reese's and 1/2 bag of Butter Fingers. I now have 2/3 Snickers, 1/2 Reese's and 1/4 Butter Fingers. By tomorrow night I will need to buy Halloween candy again I'm sure.
I've tried buying candy I really don't like, but there's no such thing as bad candy especially when you're PMS'n or just feeling foul.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:20 PM

20 posts, read 191,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by connie View Post
So instead of butter and sour cream, you put Twix and Snickers on it?

These previous posts have shamed me with their honesty. Occasionally, if I'm feeling reckless, I will indulge in a treat or two ... or 80.

BTW - I'm glad to hear that someone else's mom eats Halloween candy. My mom used to eat ours while we were at school. To this day, whenever I get a piece of candy I feel like I must hide it somewhere.

I'm also guilty of eating the kids candy while they were in school....naughty mom I am...My daughters used to either hide it, or take a bite out of everything they didn't want me to touch.

Old 10-23-2006, 09:27 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,680,965 times
I confess...I eat my daughters halloween candy......I make her leave it in the kitchen when she comes back and I totally raid it for the good stuff!!

Old 10-24-2006, 06:07 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,774,994 times
Every year I eat all the candy, so now I either buy it on Halloween or buy candy I dislike.

Old 10-24-2006, 06:50 AM

169 posts, read 678,750 times
Lol great thread! We don't get trick-or-treaters here but if we did I'm sure I'd have to buy my candy that day to avoid eating it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie View Post
I'm glad to hear that someone else's mom eats Halloween candy. My mom used to eat ours while we were at school.
After I check the candy to make sure it's safe, everyones' goes into the "community bucket" and it's fair game!

Old 10-24-2006, 07:00 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,621,252 times
Well, my kids are twenty and twenty-five now, but when they were younger and getting that Halloween candy, I made them wait 'til we got home, to inspect it, of course. As I sorted through it, I would find most of the chocolate candy, (I left them a few pieces ), and keep it for myself!

As far as buying candy, I don't, because we don't get any trick or treaters where I live. Well, I take that back; I do buy some candy corn every year. I don't know why, but for some reason, that seems to be a tradition for me. One bag is usually enough for me, though. They're so doggone sweet!

Old 10-24-2006, 07:09 AM

3,020 posts, read 25,729,895 times
Default Wow they are everywhere

Boy just think every momma you walk by in the grocery store is a possible HCT. Just like them monster movies where they turn into ghouls but you can't tell in the daytime.

I sort of knew this was going around for a long time. Was why I never gave out Halloween candy. I used to save all the pennies in a jar. Gave that out instead. Better than having to push all those razor blades and pins into the apples too. Anything to keep from getting sore fingers.

The town near me now they do not do the candy thing door to door. The town buys the candy and gives it out during a parade of the best costumes. I bet the mommas are still lurking in the background to steal some of that too. Probably why they ride those motorcycles with the big black boats and chains.

Probably also explains all the nice mommas buying the 5 pounds of hamburger with pennies at the grocery just after Halloween.

Old 10-25-2006, 09:33 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,230,359 times
O.K. I am sitting here with 2 pounds of Laffy Taffy and 2.79 pounds of Kit Kat/Reeses/Whoppers/Hershey Bars. I can SMELL the banana Laffy Taffy and I have a passion for Whoppers. Somebody help me to be strong this year and leave the candy unopened until it is time to start passing it out!

Surely nobody will miss a banana Laffy Taffy......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink