Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 10:57 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,159,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
This one. Can't wait to see your new place.
Thanks Evey,
I will definately work on that early this week. You have been so supportive in many ways ! I appreciate that lots !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2006, 10:58 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,333,867 times
You can start a new thread on here--Holiday decorations. I think that would be a fun thread and it could continue thru Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:55 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,625,518 times
I am so in trouble when my wife finds out that I found her haloween candy hiding spot. I don't generally eat candy except at this time of year. I think it's some regressive candy gene I have. I wish my children were still young so I could eat.. er... I mean inspect their trick or treat candy to make sure it was safe for them to have. I am however the giver of the goodies on haloween. We get dozens of trick or treaters and sometimes I mess with the kids (the ones I know). When they come to my house I ask if they want to trade. I ask to look in their bags and if I see a piece of candy I like I offer a trade. For instance if I see a grape tootsie pop I'll offer 5 snickers for it. Most jump at the deal. (By the way before you blow me up, they all still get their regular treats whether or not they trade, so I'm not a mean old man.) More times than not I wind up giving them their candy back without them even realizing it. One kid will tell another and I've actually had children ask what I'll give them for a piece of candy. I'm sure it's a piece they don't like. I'll say this. When they get older they will remember the man that use to trade candy at haloween. Hopefully this will bring a smile to their faces!

Old 10-28-2006, 12:24 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,230,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Hopefully this will bring a smile to their faces!

It sure brought a smile to mine!

Old 10-28-2006, 12:52 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,984,955 times
Quote:
I am so in trouble when my wife finds out that I found her haloween candy hiding spot. I don't generally eat candy except at this time of year. I think it's some regressive candy gene I have. I wish my children were still young so I could eat.. er... I mean inspect their trick or treat candy to make sure it was safe for them to have. I am however the giver of the goodies on haloween. We get dozens of trick or treaters and sometimes I mess with the kids (the ones I know). When they come to my house I ask if they want to trade. I ask to look in their bags and if I see a piece of candy I like I offer a trade. For instance if I see a grape tootsie pop I'll offer 5 snickers for it. Most jump at the deal. (By the way before you blow me up, they all still get their regular treats whether or not they trade, so I'm not a mean old man.) More times than not I wind up giving them their candy back without them even realizing it. One kid will tell another and I've actually had children ask what I'll give them for a piece of candy. I'm sure it's a piece they don't like. I'll say this. When they get older they will remember the man that use to trade candy at haloween. Hopefully this will bring a smile to their faces!
That is hilarious! But I'd give up 5 Snickers for a Bit-O-Honey which I haven't been able to find now for years..

Old 10-28-2006, 09:56 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,328,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Uhm... I bought bags of snickers and twix...and I ate 'em.... almost gone...

Okay, well, when I was growing up my mom would eat all the candy, then as I became an adult, I would eat all the candy in my own house. Now, unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), I can't say that I'm in your boat anymore MoMark....we don't buy candy for Halloween anymore. It's not that we don't want to, trust me, I have no problem eating it all, but since we moved here, we don't get trick or treaters. Last year (our first Halloween here) we wondered why no kids came...by the time this year rolled around, we learned from our neighbors (and our own firsthand experience) that my landlord is none other than The Wicked Witch of the East herself and no one LET'S their kids come here. So we don't buy candy. But if we did, I'd eat it all.

Old 10-29-2006, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
That is hilarious! But I'd give up 5 Snickers for a Bit-O-Honey which I haven't been able to find now for years..
Go to www.oldtimecandy.com and you wish will be answered. We actually bought a ton of candy from them a few years back for our 35th. high school reunion. The theme was the 60s'. They have candy brands dating back to the 50s' The people at the reunion had a great time reminiscing about the candies we ate as kids in the 50s' and 60s'. It brought back great memories. They have almost any candy you can think of. Enjoy your Bit-O-Honey and have a Mallo Cup on me!

Old 10-29-2006, 08:25 AM

1,005 posts, read 1,889,887 times
Quote:
Go to www.oldtimecandy.com and you wish will be answered. We actually bought a ton of candy from them a few years back for our 35th. high school reunion. The theme was the 60s'. They have candy brands dating back to the 50s' The people at the reunion had a great time reminiscing about the candies we ate as kids in the 50s' and 60s'. It brought back great memories. They have almost any candy you can think of. Enjoy your Bit-O-Honey and have a Mallo Cup on me!

Great idea! And, "vermontcountrystore.com" has ol' time candy, too! Even Swedish fish, Mary Jane's (my all time fav's) & Teaberry gum! They used to have Bonomo Turkish taffy (I remember it getting stuck on the roof of my mouth during recess in 1st grade), but I'll check "oldtimecandy" for that.

Yum... Baltic_Celt

Old 10-29-2006, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltic_Celt View Post
Great idea! And, "vermontcountrystore.com" has ol' time candy, too! Even Swedish fish, Mary Jane's (my all time fav's) & Teaberry gum! They used to have Bonomo Turkish taffy (I remember it getting stuck on the roof of my mouth during recess in 1st grade), but I'll check "oldtimecandy" for that.

Yum... Baltic_Celt
There is a company that makes candy very similar to Bonomo Turkish Taffey. Old Time Candy may have it. I haven't tried it.
The perplexing question of the day when we were youngsters. Do we go to the store, buy a Turkish Taffey and eat it right away or FREEZE it, smack it down on sidewalk, open and enjoy. Do you think kids today worry about stuff like that? Enjoy.

Old 10-29-2006, 08:49 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,984,955 times
Quote:
Wow! I'll check it out! Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink