Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2007, 03:11 PM

419 posts, read 2,018,749 times

Advertisements

When I was growing up, my folks would always have people over for dinner on Saturday night. They would have an old fashioned dinner party and spend most of the day preparing. It was a good time and everyone would talk and drink till midnight. Those were the days!

Now it seems like most people go out to dinner on Saturday nights with friends. Do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 03:14 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Years ago we would either have a group over (or go to their homes) and some Sat.'s we went out.

Now we're retired and enjoy going out weeknights.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:31 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
I suppose we will start going out to eat again soon but probably not on week-ends. It's just to crowded on the week-ends. We just spent the last 8 months eating each and every meal out because we were remodeling my kitchen (by ourselves). We had no idea how much work redoing the kitchen would be---we aren't 20 anymore! Eating out became a necessity and not and an enjoyable time. Now we are enjoying eating at home. Soon though, I am sure going out to a nice dinner will become a good time again.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:01 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
No, we only eat out a few times a year. At least in my kitchen I know exactly what I'm getting and how clean my kitchen is. At least I'm never disappointed.

Two out of the three times out this year the food was horrible. Not even fit for my dog.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:54 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,120,292 times
Thumbs up We used to eat out a lot

We used to eat out a lot, saving Saturday nights as our "date night", but then we started watching the reviews of restaurants all over our area and how low they are scoring my Wife lost her taste.

I liked eating out as it was a break for her not to have to cook and cleanup, but more and more it is getting less healthy. The illegals that are pouring into our fair state are working in the backs of the fast food chains and after watching their poor sanitary habits we no longer eat at fast food restaurants. Watching someone scratch his/her butt then pick their noses (sorry if this is too graphic) and then make a burger is not our idea of safe eating.

This means we have to reserve our dining out at better than average upscale restaurants owned by families and not chains so we don't have to worry about which germs they are dragging in as they cross over the borders illegally.

This leaves us with about a dozen (at the most) restaurants where we feel safe eating and where the food is good.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:47 PM

6,630 posts, read 13,535,602 times
Seldom, and for the same reason already mentioned. The safety of food these days is too iffy. If the restaurant serves locally produced foods we'll go but that's about it.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:53 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_NC View Post
We used to eat out a lot, saving Saturday nights as our "date night", but then we started watching the reviews of restaurants all over our area and how low they are scoring my Wife lost her taste.

I liked eating out as it was a break for her not to have to cook and cleanup, but more and more it is getting less healthy. The illegals that are pouring into our fair state are working in the backs of the fast food chains and after watching their poor sanitary habits we no longer eat at fast food restaurants. Watching someone scratch his/her butt then pick their noses (sorry if this is too graphic) and then make a burger is not our idea of safe eating.

This means we have to reserve our dining out at better than average upscale restaurants owned by families and not chains so we don't have to worry about which germs they are dragging in as they cross over the borders illegally.

This leaves us with about a dozen (at the most) restaurants where we feel safe eating and where the food is good.
Stop blaming the illegals. They are only doing what their lazy american bosses are telling them to do.

Lisa

Old 12-16-2007, 06:01 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,120,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Stop blaming the illegals. They are only doing what their lazy american bosses are telling them to do.

Lisa
Are you also implying that the "bosses" as you put it are bringing them into our country? Are the "bosses" forcing them to break our immigration and other laws just because they need cheap labor?

I believe the question posed was "Do you eat out most Saturday nights?..Maybe you should stay on topic.

Last edited by RuralCoastalGuy; 12-16-2007 at 06:33 PM..

Old 12-16-2007, 06:49 PM

50,330 posts, read 63,906,560 times
We sort of morphed this concept. We frequently go out with friends on Sat. night, but we have drinks and appetizers at someone's house, go to a restaurant, then back to the house for dessert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink