Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 07:03 AM

12,847 posts, read 9,050,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
...they probably all add more sugar than they used to - people seem to want everything sweeter now and don't like the vinegary taste in things.
I don't know if it's more sugar but more corn syrup in place of cane or beet sugar. Corn syrup has a different taste for a given sweetness and probably alters the proportions between ingredients which alters the overall taste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 07:08 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,953,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
but they keep getting confused whether you need to tap it 5 times or seven, or twelve, or thirty-five.

57?

Old 07-10-2017, 08:13 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
Yeah this would work tapping anywhere on the neck but it's good marketing to tap on the 57. I read a study done years back and people had a much higher rating for ketchup out of the glass bottles than the new plastic bottles or those packets etc. Seems nostalgia does have a taste.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:16 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Just buy the squeezy bottle or years ago it was possible to buy it in big jars..and use a knife, it was a better idea with no waste..

Old 07-10-2017, 01:43 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
...they probably all add more sugar than they used to - people seem to want everything sweeter now and don't like the vinegary taste in things.

no me!!!

Old 07-10-2017, 03:56 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Most of have always tapped a ketchup bottle with our palm which in effect does the same thing. The novelty is the idea that tapping the 57 symbol is a trick to make the ketchup flow.
I think it's a lost cause by now, SATX, lol. I'm often not clear enough about what I mean in my posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Don't feel bad...I was a Bosco bottle-chugger!
Lol, I don't think I ever did that, but I don't think I would have had a problem with it. Loved Bosco. I think Ralph's/Kroger is selling it again.

Old 07-10-2017, 04:11 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Yeah this would work tapping anywhere on the neck but it's good marketing to tap on the 57. I read a study done years back and people had a much higher rating for ketchup out of the glass bottles than the new plastic bottles or those packets etc. Seems nostalgia does have a taste.
Lol, I can see that. And newer packaging always just looks kind of hokey to me for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Just buy the squeezy bottle or years ago it was possible to buy it in big jars..and use a knife, it was a better idea with no waste..
Yep, the ol' knife trick always worked, even in the bottle.

Some of you are comparing the different flavors and ingredients. It's weird because I do notice differences in different brands of foods, but I've never paid that much attention when it comes to ketchup. I definitely like it less sweet, though.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:08 PM

500 posts, read 319,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
"Anticipation... antici-pay-yay-tion, it's making me wait..."
Alternately; anticip- p-p-pp-p-p-p-p-p-pation. Lisped by Frank N Furter of Rocky Horror fame.

I love just about all ketchup. I've heard the comment "well BB I see you like a little burger with your ketchup" more times than I could count.

I did't know about tapping the neck; I just whack the bottom. Works just fine.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:12 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post
Alternately; anticip- p-p-pp-p-p-p-p-p-pation. Lisped by Frank N Furter of Rocky Horror fame.

I love just about all ketchup. I've heard the comment "well BB I see you like a little burger with your ketchup" more times than I could count.

I did't know about tapping the neck; I just whack the bottom. Works just fine.
The grand kids love ketchup on their eggs and lots of other things. We have to make sure we never run out.

Here's...anticipation for ya.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:25 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
There was a movement away from glass containers in general for a while, and now the pendulum is swinging back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink