Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 08:12 AM

4 posts, read 14,608 times

Advertisements

I precook my chicken breast in boiling water. This helps so they don't dry out. After thoroughly cooking, cut them up into serving chunks or bite size pieces.

Then take a box of flavored rice; and mix water, rice, and flavoring together and toss in the precooked chicken. And then cook the rice as usual. It will take on some of the flavor with the rice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 10:02 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,688,561 times
Chicken breast is the least flavored part of the chicken. It's thick white meat. You want flavor you want darker meat starting with the thigh.

I never understood why people like Chicken breast, I can make a chicken breast easily but it's an expensive boring protein.

Luckily Chicken thighs are cheaper and taste much better on the grill, fry, and baked.

I can easily make a chicken thigh taste good with just salt+pepper and some paprika. But chicken breast will need a lot of spices and sauce.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:52 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,555,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I'm trying to lose some weight before the summer and know I should incorporate a lot of chicken in my diet. I buy regular chicken breasts from Jewel and usually just cook them on a pan, but I just can't get them to taste good. It's not like they taste horrible, but they're just so bland. Last night, I even tried marinating them with some stir fry sauce, but it didn't help much.

I plan on buying a smoky joe grill this week. Will that help chicken taste better? Is that why chicken breasts at restaurants taste so much better? I would love for my chicken to taste like the chicken they use for burrito bowls at Chipotle.

Also, does it matter what brand of chicken breasts I get? The Jewel brand I get are really plump, so they are probably packed with hormones. Would that affect the taste? If I bought chicken breasts from Trader Joe's, would that make a difference?
The best way is to throw them away and buy chicken thighs instead, That's where the flavor is.

Edit : I see others have already told you the truth

Old 05-02-2014, 02:33 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,239,314 times
She's trying to lose weight so those thighs are not ideal.

She needs breast.

OP cut them up and put them on kebabs with veges. Grill on BBQ.

Heaven just the way they are.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:37 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,599,644 times
Seasoning, marinade, and/or hot sauce.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:43 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,226,166 times
I eat chicken breasts more than any other meat. I prepare it in olive oil, salt and pepper. I sear it so it has a nice crust. I make a dipping sauce made of olive oil, red hot hot sauce, and garlic. I make this up to 4 times a week and I never get sick of it (mouth watering good). I have wild rice as a side.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:46 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,358,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Seasoning, marinade, and/or hot sauce.
Definitely hot sauce!

Old 05-02-2014, 03:16 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,402,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Chicken breast is the least flavored part of the chicken. It's thick white meat. You want flavor you want darker meat starting with the thigh.

I never understood why people like Chicken breast, I can make a chicken breast easily but it's an expensive boring protein.

Luckily Chicken thighs are cheaper and taste much better on the grill, fry, and baked.

I can easily make a chicken thigh taste good with just salt+pepper and some paprika. But chicken breast will need a lot of spices and sauce.
Can chicken thighs still be good for a diet? Can I cook them in wok or is it better to boil them? The one thing I like about chicken breasts is that they're easier to cut and prepare. When you have chicken thighs, you have to take remove the skin and bone before eating.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:30 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,204,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Can chicken thighs still be good for a diet? Can I cook them in wok or is it better to boil them? The one thing I like about chicken breasts is that they're easier to cut and prepare. When you have chicken thighs, you have to take remove the skin and bone before eating.
id rather have a juicy thigh over a dry breast anyday..

you can buy boneless skinless thighs,,, with no skin and little fat.. good for diets

Old 05-02-2014, 03:57 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,059,903 times
I'm still amazed at how many of you are saying chicken breasts are tasteless or dry. I am not a gourmet cook by any means (I already admitted to using Shake & Bake! ), but my chicken breasts are usually delicious.

I do often buy thighs (especially to use in the slow cooker) because they go on sale a LOT, and I like them too, but OP, why not give some posters' suggestions a try before giving up on chicken breasts altogether?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink