Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 07:51 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,470,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
Xylitol is my favorite, I don't have any gastro problems with it. It bakes well too. Stevia is over processed, it's green naturally but white when processed and mixed with something else. It's bitter. I have grown stevia and made simple syrup with it that was really good, but it was very very green and colored everything I made with it green.
Most of the supermarket stuff is mixed with something else and it's called maltodextrin. I buy pure stevia which has nothing added and is up to 300x times as sweet as sugar. You have to get used to using such small quantities to sweeten stuff. The one I buy comes with a 15cc micro scoop which roughly equals one teaspoon. I am diabetic and the pure does not affect blood sugar levels. I quit buying the stuff from the supermarket. I saw Truvia mentioned earlier in the thread, it contains stevia but also contains erythritol. Next time you buy your sweetener check out the ingredients, you may be surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 08:13 AM

16,417 posts, read 12,495,187 times
I hate all the artificial sweeteners (and some of them give me headaches and joint stiffness/pain). I occasionally use stevia, but not Truvia. It's a horrible over processed version of stevia.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:24 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,739,463 times
They're ALL garbage. You're better off with a little sugar (says my doctor).

Old 07-20-2016, 02:05 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,099,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkobe View Post
You have been walking in the desert for hours and you had to choose between sodas flavored with aspartame, splenda or truvia which would you choose?
Of the above, Truvia because at least part of it is Stevia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
I've asked two different doctors I've gone to about using Splenda. The facebook "panicers" post things every now and then talking about how dangerous it is for you. Both doctors said to go ahead and use it. And I like the taste of it too.
What is a panicer? No doctor will tell you Splenda is healthy because it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
They're ALL garbage. You're better off with a little sugar (says my doctor).
Yep.

To the OP, Stevia isn't an artificial sweetener.

You are honestly better off just using sugar or honey. They all spike you sugar levels and cause your pancreas to produce insulin.

Any calories you may save aren't worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink