Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 08:26 PM

239 posts, read 660,757 times

Advertisements

Our costco sells an affordable organic Kirkland creamy peanut butter... Great. Love it. I'm a believer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 09:14 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
I don't eat it as I did when younger but any brand natural on whole wheat with a drizzle of honey or sliced bananas.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:15 PM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Man Walking View Post
My mistake, not "invented".

Found a GREAT "use for".
Strike two!

Old 05-10-2014, 12:49 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Oh, there's just so MANY!

Everyday PB is either Peter Pan or Planters, and I'll take crunchy or creamy.

Some of the specialty kinds I love are:

Peanut Butter & Co: Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter
Justin's Maple Almond Butter

I miss Peter Pan's Whipped Peanut Butter!

Here's a little thing my mom used to do on all my PB sandwiches when I was a kid, and I love it today--spread a thin layer of room-temp butter on your bread before spreading your PB on. The PB will not stick to the roof of your mouth! I love it...but that could be because I have a love affair with butter...
thanks for sharing

cinnamon raisin peanut butter,,that sounds good!!

i've never tried the butter on the bread, ive tried honey..
honey makes it spread easier

my dog loved peanut butter- she knew where it was in the cupboards,,,she'd jump-put her nose to the cupboard, sniff then start to beg....(she was a retired greyhound)
id give her p.b roll into bread and throw it at her,,,she'd catch it in the air,,,and lick on that for an hour....

Old 05-10-2014, 01:13 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Simply Jiff, creamy. It's the only one that tastes "right" to me.

Old 05-10-2014, 01:32 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
I like Adams natural best, just peanuts and salt. I don't like it best because of it being healthier (I've pretty much given up on becoming healthy), but I like the taste better than ordinary commercial brands like Jif. After getting used to Adams, it seemed like Jif and Skippy etc taste like peanut butter mixed with shortening and sugar.

I also sort of like peanut butter ground fresh from peanuts at a health food store, even though as it grinds it looks disturbingly like something that should be flushed down a toilet. I refrigerate immediately on getting home.

I love both kinds with jams and jellies of all kinds, with butter, with banana slices, and with pickles. Not bad with mixed nuts on top, either.

Almond butter with honey is superb, just make sure the honey is local and not from China.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:09 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
I like simple, natural nut butters (just ground nuts, nothing added), but if I need a premixed, grocery store brand (because natural PB doesn't work well for all purposes), I like Simply JIF, white label with lower salt and sugar.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:53 AM

206 posts, read 158,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I like Adams natural best, just peanuts and salt. I don't like it best because of it being healthier (I've pretty much given up on becoming healthy), but I like the taste better than ordinary commercial brands like Jif. After getting used to Adams, it seemed like Jif and Skippy etc taste like peanut butter mixed with shortening and sugar.

I also sort of like peanut butter ground fresh from peanuts at a health food store, even though as it grinds it looks disturbingly like something that should be flushed down a toilet. I refrigerate immediately on getting home.

I love both kinds with jams and jellies of all kinds, with butter, with banana slices, and with pickles. Not bad with mixed nuts on top, either.

Almond butter with honey is superb, just make sure the honey is local and not from China.
haha that made me laugh! I understand!

Old 05-10-2014, 12:54 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
If we could merge this thread with the favorite chocolates thread, we'd have something really good to talk about!

Old 05-10-2014, 07:51 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,231,290 times
TJs brand creamy if shopping at a TJs.

Teddie or Crazy Richard's if shopping at a major chain grocer.

Sometimes I will get Smart Balance creamy if I crave something sweet because it has cane juice and molasses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink