Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 01:28 AM

288 posts, read 204,414 times

Advertisements

Not only do I remember them I actually bought one about a year ago. I found it @ a store on my way home from work & thought oh I have noodles @ home, I can still cook chicken & noodles for dinner. They are packed in chicken broth, not sure I could just eat it out of the can but it was good for my noodles. I have never seen canned meatloaf. If I saw that in a store I might try it. Canned foods are always good for your emergency kit & if you don't use them by the "best if used by" date; I'm not going to throw it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 08:31 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,881,015 times
sweet baby jesus - talk about unappetizing, slime and all. This is why I cringe at seafood. I like my food in pieces not resembling what it once was.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:42 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,355,367 times
Actually, you can make a really good chicken and dumplings from the canned chicken. I know it looks kind of icky, but once you strip the meat off and use the broth (which only looks slimy because it has congealed like any broth does when cold), it can be pretty easy and useful, especially if you are stocking up for emergencies.

I haven't looked lately to see if my supermarket still carries them. It's doubtful.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:39 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,870,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
...This is why I cringe at seafood. I like my food in pieces not resembling what it once was.
What?!?!

Old 08-08-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
sweet baby jesus - talk about unappetizing, slime and all. This is why I cringe at seafood. I like my food in pieces not resembling what it once was.

So you won't eat clams, mussels, oysters, crab and lobster? What a shame. You are missing out on some delicious food.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:23 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
No, I don't think so. But I do go for some rotisserie chicken the grocery stores sell.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
[/b]

So you won't eat clams, mussels, oysters, crab and lobster? What a shame. You are missing out on some delicious food.
Exactly right. When I was little my parents fed it to me. Shrimp and snails, etc. Then as I grew older I realized what they were. I saw shrimp swimming in the tanks at the front of the restaurant and realized that was what I was eating, only with their numerous legs pulled off. Same thing with sucking a living creature out of its shell and using a toothpick on it. It's just disgusting to me.

Do you remember the pic of the camel spider from Afghanistan? Ahh - here it is: http://skunksoup.com/wp-content/uplo...elspider02.jpg Now take a look at a lobster. Tell me why it's ok to you to eat one and not the other.

If I were stuck on an island, I'd eat seafood. But otherwise, give me anything else.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:03 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,870,119 times
Quote:
...Now take a look at a lobster. Tell me why it's ok to you to eat one and not the other...
I eat crickets, spiders, mealworms, ants, grasshoppers, shrimp, crabs, lobsters - they're all Arthropods.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Exactly right. When I was little my parents fed it to me. Shrimp and snails, etc. Then as I grew older I realized what they were. I saw shrimp swimming in the tanks at the front of the restaurant and realized that was what I was eating, only with their numerous legs pulled off. Same thing with sucking a living creature out of its shell and using a toothpick on it. It's just disgusting to me.

Do you remember the pic of the camel spider from Afghanistan? Ahh - here it is: http://skunksoup.com/wp-content/uplo...elspider02.jpg Now take a look at a lobster. Tell me why it's ok to you to eat one and not the other.

If I were stuck on an island, I'd eat seafood. But otherwise, give me anything else.
It's not a matter of whether it's OK to eat one and not the other, it's all about how they taste. I imagine it was a very brave soul who first ate a lobster.

Since I'm a dedicated carnivore, I know what these delicious foods from the sea taste like and I eat them happily.

Old 08-08-2014, 02:08 PM

^ texture and taste, which I understand, but why would seafood lovers not even want to try that spider? They're both insects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink