Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: .....
I like Chipotle 88 59.86%
I don't like Chipotle 59 40.14%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 08:46 AM

335 posts, read 409,596 times

Advertisements

Sonorio is right the food is mediocre yet especially suited for we cookie cutter
affluent adolesents, and babyboomers who cluelessly wonder in malls in search
for stuff while getting fat on entre's masked as healthy. Let's graze !
!oink oink!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 06:27 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
I don't know any affluent adolescents.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:16 PM

104 posts, read 144,443 times
Default I thought I liked it.................

till someone on a radio show referenced my burrito bowl to an open diaper! Now maybe it is a bowl of crap.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:11 AM

I can't help but think that that person has never changed a diaper in their lives.

Either that, or their babies are fed some pretty funky stuff.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:26 AM

43,610 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Yesterday I saw a 20 minute movie about Chipotle and how it was created, its food concepts and the way it treats its employees. It gave me quite a good impression of the chain. As for the food I think it is better than fast food but one can certainly find better food at many regular restaurants.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:40 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,299,517 times
Overpriced mediocre.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:52 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,471,839 times
I just used a coupon for a buy one get one free Bacon Clubhouse Chicken sandwich at McDonald's. It's $5.39 each otherwise! The Bacon Clubhouse Beef Sandwich was $1 to 80 cents cheaper. It actually was quite a few cuts above their $1 or $2 drivel of sandwiches, and a relatively large portion too. However, for $1 more, I'd much rather get a chicken burrito at Chipotle. And if I have further choice, I'd much rather do local Mexican food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
Oh that awful and the reason I never order steak in a burrito anywhere.

I think it's just ok - if I go I usually order the bowl with chicken or pork. If I'm really hungry I'll order an extra scoop of meat (it's a reasonable price for the extra scoop) but them I can never finish it ! I usually cannot eat pork because it always makes me feel sick , but for some reason theirs is ok it's shredded which I prefer in a burrito and the chicken is cut in cubes which I don't like.
If you go when they're about to close up, they'll typically give you extra meat since they can't really save the stuff and just throw it out anyways.

Old 08-29-2014, 01:07 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,411,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
A couple of days ago I ordered a steak burrito. Blah! I give it a passing grade because I didn't vomit after I finished it. But I kept spitting out steak fat the whole time. The meat wasn't good and the other ingredients tasted mediocre. Why does this place receive so much hype?
Chipotle is goood.. but not as good as compared to authentic beer marinated carne asada.. and pineapple marinated carnitas.. yum..

Old 08-29-2014, 10:11 AM

216 posts, read 313,740 times
Chipotle is a funny place. Their signature item - the burrito - is pretty terrible, but the component ingredients can be very good. The problem begins and ends with their tortilla. A good burrito needs to spend some time on the griddle after it's wrapped to get crisp on the outside, to melt the cheese and to seal the whole thing closed. Chipotle, on the other hand, throws their tortilla in a steamer before it's wrapped so it gets flabby and soggy, and the cheese stays cold. This is a process flow problem, not a food quality problem. I really like their barbacoa bowl with onions and peppers.

As long as I can stay away from that gummy mess they call a tortilla I can have a good meal at Chipotle.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:01 PM

It's really interesting. I was on a work trip today in a community I don't usually frequent, and the closest two places for a lunch break were a Chipotle and a gas station. So I ended up at Chipotle for the first time in probably a little over a year. I burned out on Chipotle because of my ex's predilection for ordering it constantly, so I went completely off it. Other than not really liking their steak or chicken, I never disliked their food or found it to be of low quality...I just got sick of the lack of variety. So, here I am, after a year or so since eating at Chipotle, at lunch today. I remembered this thread, and decided to check it out and see if the time away had affected my tastes at all.

I got my usual order, which is sans tortilla...a burrito bowl with rice, black and pinto beans, onions and peppers, chopped tomato salsa/pico, corn salsa, a quick drizzle of sour cream, no cheese, guacamole, and lettuce. Then I squeezed lemon wedges over the whole thing. The verdict? Tasty, filling, and satisfying, if not incredibly exciting. Very fresh ingredients. The tomatoes in the pico/salsa were better than the flavorless ones my garden turned up this year, actually. Granted, I tend to avoid meat and don't get a tortilla, but with those caveats, I enjoyed a filling meal made of fresh ingredients. No complaints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink