Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 10:21 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,683,095 times

Advertisements

When youre homeless, starving, and someone hands you a McDonald's hamburger, trust me...its good for you.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:20 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
When youre homeless, starving, and someone hands you a McDonald's hamburger, trust me...its good for you.
good point!!

this would make a good commercial, have Ronald McDonald passing out big macs to the homeless

"the most nutritious meal of the day"

and according to another thread, it will last up to a year!!

Old 08-30-2014, 03:54 AM

659 posts, read 940,355 times
I'd rather go to In N Out or Wendy's for their burgers. But I don't eat beef anymore, only chicken or salmon xD

Old 08-30-2014, 04:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
It doesn't really make much difference if it is 100% beef or a combination of beef and soy products, of course they are not good for you, the grease, fat and calories alone. Does this mean, no one should ever have one? I don't think so, most of us ingest things that are not good for us, but a once a month or once a week burger no matter where you get them isn't going to kill any of us. So eat your burger, I just won't eat mine from McDonalds, I settle for Burger King or In&Out when we are someplace where they have them: Which, btw we will be next Sat. as we head for our week in Sin City.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:25 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,720 times
it's fast food

eat it or not eat it (choice, everthing in moderation)

i rarely eat fast food, but i do get a craving every once in a while for some greasy delicious mcdonalds, jack in the box, popeyes, etc

hell i had some random craving for some churchs chicken and honey butter buscuits the other day, i gobbled down those grease sponges and loved every minute of it

its good eating, if someone is worried about calories and whatnot then go eat some tofu and rice cakes

Old 08-30-2014, 06:55 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,097,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
NO!! When you take a look at all the junk that goes into a double quarter pounder with cheese and the amount of fat and calories in one meal, even a moderately insane person will know that it is in no way shape or form good for you.

Read this about just ONE Double Quarter Pounder - Nutrition Facts and Analysis for McDonald's sandwich: Double Quarter Pounder&#174 with cheese

Calories - 760
Calories from fat - 432
Sodium - 1450mg
Fat - 48 grams
Cholesterol - 165 mg

So do you REALLY think this is good for you? Really?!?!?!

Do you also consider marijuana and tobacco healthy because after all, they are technically vegetables and from the earth.

Please don't use calories as a way to judge if something is healthy or not. Calories are necessary for everyone, and many people don't get enough of them. It is only in America that obesity is an epidemic as people can lack the willpower to stop shoving food in their facehole.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:34 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
NO!! When you take a look at all the junk that goes into a double quarter pounder with cheese and the amount of fat and calories in one meal, even a moderately insane person will know that it is in no way shape or form good for you.

Read this about just ONE Double Quarter Pounder - Nutrition Facts and Analysis for McDonald's sandwich: Double Quarter Pounder&#174 with cheese

Calories - 760
Calories from fat - 432
Sodium - 1450mg
Fat - 48 grams
Cholesterol - 165 mg

So do you REALLY think this is good for you? Really?!?!?!

Do you also consider marijuana and tobacco healthy because after all, they are technically vegetables and from the earth.
Billions & Billions served

Old 08-30-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
it's fast food

eat it or not eat it (choice, everthing in moderation)

i rarely eat fast food, but i do get a craving every once in a while for some greasy delicious mcdonalds, jack in the box, popeyes, etc

hell i had some random craving for some churchs chicken and honey butter buscuits the other day, i gobbled down those grease sponges and loved every minute of it

its good eating, if someone is worried about calories and whatnot then go eat some tofu and rice cakes
oh my, Church's chicken: I have only had it a couple of times, years ago, but it was so good. When we can't satisfy our longing for a good greasy meal we stop by Popeye's. Like you, we don't eat honest fast food more than once a month if that often.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
Please don't use calories as a way to judge if something is healthy or not. Calories are necessary for everyone, and many people don't get enough of them. It is only in America that obesity is an epidemic as people can lack the willpower to stop shoving food in their facehole.
I am not quite sure you are 100% right about only in America: I have visited Mexico many times and there is not shortage of overweight people there, including very young children. Many of the overweight people in American happen to be Hispanic as well. I also will add, it isn't just the food we eat, it is the lack of activity. We are probably the only country where almost every home has 2 or more cars and only a handful of major cities have good public transportation. So, we can't blame obesity on food only, though it is a part of the problem.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:51 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,598 times
The bread they use for the burgers actually contains rubber that can be found in shoes, that goes same for another popular sandwich that claimed "eat fresh"! Sounds terrible, though I still eat Mcdonalds but try to avoid eating the bread now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink