Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 11:00 AM

20,926 posts, read 28,393,733 times

Advertisements

Where I work I get free lunch so need to pack anything. But when I did have to bring something I brought in one of those plastic shopping bags from the grocery store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 12:01 PM

143 posts, read 332,277 times
Yes, I bring lunch to work (like many of you, in a grocery plastic bag ). Not only is it cheaper but also healthier. Plus I only have 30 minutes for lunch so I would not have time to eat my food if I eat out. I usually bring a PB&J or some leftovers.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:33 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,835,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
I gave up on lunch boxes in the 3rd grade after someone got into my Quick Draw McGraw lunch box and stole my brownie, took a bite out of my apple, stuck a pencil thru my peanut butter and jelly sandwich and crushed my Baba Looey thermos. I started buying my lunch after that.
What a tragic story! Well, I don't blame you one bit. I'd be traumatized, too.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:22 PM

461 posts, read 508,597 times
Everyone where I work (office job) brings their lunch most days. We have a fridge and microwave that we can use in the break room. I bring my lunch four days a week and eat out one day for something different. We are in the city and have all sorts of restaurant choices but most of us are trying to stick to a budget and watch our weight.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:56 PM

19,491 posts, read 9,523,271 times
It would get too expensive buying breakfast and lunch in DC. I have a small fridge and can use office microwave and toaster when needed. Sometimes I'll bring toaster streudels, grapefruit, or oatmeal for breakfast items. Lunch could be soups, Lean Cuisine/other variations, or Amy/Evol burritos, make sandwiches, etc. I use an insulated lunch bag to put my items in.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:10 AM

37,585 posts, read 45,944,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssww View Post
Just curious how many people bring their own lunch boxes to work? What do you make for your lunch at work? Saw there are a lot of nice lunch boxes out there, but thought it may be more convenient to just buy take-out?
I haven't eaten lunch out in YEARS. I go to the gym at lunch, and eat a salad or grilled chicken from home, at my desk.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:26 PM

38,859 posts, read 22,845,735 times
I bring lunch every day. It's cheaper plus my workplace only allows 30 minutes for lunch, so not enough time to really go anywhere except to-go orders to bring back and eat at the office. I usually bring a sandwich (I alternate the filling between 5 different things), fruit like an apple or pear, some baby carrots and a small bottle of water.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:52 AM

274 posts, read 252,540 times
I either bring a tupperware container with leftovers, or a couple sandwiches. I don't have a lunch box, I just use a plastic shopping bag until it rips, then I grab another one. We have two big fridges in our break room, perishables are not a problem.

I can't remember the last time I bought lunch out. I would do it more often, but I make the money, missusjimmy keeps the books, thus.....

Old 08-03-2016, 04:13 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,404,871 times
I bring a can of soup, a cup of Greek yogurt, and a banana. I eat the yogurt right when I get to work. The reason for the can of soup is that every workplace I've been that has more than a handful of people has refrigerator thieves. With the soup I can keep my luch at my desk where I can see it.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:25 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,390,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
I don't eat out because I'm rebuilding my savings account.

Good for you, hon. I try to take my lunch every day. I don't have a lunch bag, and usually use glassware with a plastic lid or foil. Sometimes I'll make lunch/dinner for the week. I like differnt kinds of soup with meat and vegetables. I did branch out recently and make bean burritos and stuffed peppers. You can freeze these.

Sometimes I'll make sandwiches or bread. Like banana bread. OR I'll take some bread and peanut butter and fruit. I've also been bringing kefir lately. It is easy to drink on the run and easy to carry. It also has protein.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink