Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 11:08 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Next time I want to try their milk shake or malted milk.........they specialize in frozen custard ice cream. (They also have something that sounds suspiciously similar to a "Blizzard".
Culver's basic shakes don't hold a candle to Chick-Fil-A's; however, I'd choose to eat at Culver's over CFA pretty much every time. BTW, their cheese curd's, sooooo yummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboywonder2002 View Post
overrated and expensive. im sorry but if im paying 7 bucks for a sandwich. ill either cook it myself or get it from a real restaurant.
Uhhh, what sandwich at Chick-Fil-A costs $7?

Old 09-16-2014, 11:29 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,287,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Well the thing about their view on gay marriages.... it doesn't necessarily mean that the manager and employees at your local chik-fil-a feel the same way.

Of course in the end, I guess you are supporting the top dog, but you are also supporting all of these teenagers working for some money...

Actually, I never tried CFA until someone started a boycott on their Chicago stores. The boycott was a disaster as CFA had a 30-40 minute wait at both the counter and the drive thru.

The food is pretty decent, although somewhat pricy.

I would agree that CFA has some of the most healthy breakfast options available in quick serve places.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:24 PM

993 posts, read 1,561,293 times
I haven't been to a Chick-fil-a in ages. I usually only end up at a fast food place if I'm hanging out with someone who's in the mood for it. So, since I have a lot friends who are bleeding heart liberals, I haven't been there since all that anti-gay stuff went down a couple of years ago.

Their cookies and cream milkshake was my favorite, but the fries and chicken were pretty good too. I think the people who love it just love it because it's in its own category. KFC, Popeye's, and the like aren't the same thing. Not sure how to articulate the difference, but the whole vibe is different. It also seems like they tend to be erected in different kinds of places. At least in all the cities I've been to, KFC-caliber places are in less affluent areas than Chick-fil-a. But that's just my observation.

Also, the airport isn't a great place to try any chain for the first time.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:49 PM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
I still want to know why anyone has an issue with them being closed on Sunday. I think that's fantastic. Nice to have that one day off every week, no matter what.

Old 09-16-2014, 02:01 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I still want to know why anyone has an issue with them being closed on Sunday. I think that's fantastic. Nice to have that one day off every week, no matter what.
I think it's nice for them to be off on Sunday.

Always seemed like whenever I wanted a chikfila it was on a Sunday! =)

Old 09-16-2014, 02:31 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
We finally had one open around here, but I still haven't been to one. The way they spell their name always turned me off, like it's definitely going to be junk fast food or something, lol.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:31 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,536 times
My ex-girlfriend swore by Chick-Fil-A and always wanted to go there, so I've been there a lot. Many people seem to really love it. It's the go-to fast food option for family and friends when they come to visit because they don't have a Chick-Fil-A where they're from. But I don't get the appeal. What's so great about an MSG-laced chicken sandwich? I wasn't too impressed with the waffle fries either. The shake was fine, but it was too thick to suck through the straw. It's just mediocre fast food that gets overhyped for some reason. Service is good, but I could care less about service at a fast food joint. I prefer Popeye's, Culver's or even Wendy's. I think it's cool that they're closed on Sundays and think other businesses should do that too, but it seems like Sunday is the day I (and others) crave chicken the most. They do seem to lose a lot of business, but it's not like they're hurting.

Last edited by maniac77; 09-16-2014 at 03:50 PM..

Old 09-16-2014, 03:40 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Culver's food is fab...but it's a step above the standard fast food place, too.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:10 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,940,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Night Eyes View Post
Church's is real close. We lost all ours when 7-Eleven bought out that smaller franchise of gas stations that they were in.
Yeah the one here in the gas station closed also.. I was sad....

Old 09-16-2014, 06:16 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,940,032 times
Also the 2 Chick Fila's around here don't have any better customer service than other places.... And the restaurant is clean.....BUT not Super clean....

And they don't use Ice Cream.. They use Ice Milk which is a southern thing... Had to live with it when I lived in the south and hated it.... So the shakes and stuff have a taste I prefer not to have in my mouth....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink