Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 01:49 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,308,274 times

Advertisements

Didn't like the mango ones at all. I'm not trying the cappuccino ones. We like anything wasabi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 03:29 AM

4,366 posts, read 4,577,103 times
Thank you for letting me know. Sometimes it's best not to mess with the food. Potatoes were never meant to be dipped in sugar and coffee and then fried in 1000 calories worth of hot oil, bagged, sealed, and then marketed to the public as a "healthy snack." Yuck!

Old 10-01-2014, 05:00 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,967,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb501 View Post
Thank you for letting me know. Sometimes it's best not to mess with the food. Potatoes were never meant to be dipped in sugar and coffee and then fried in 1000 calories worth of hot oil, bagged, sealed, and then marketed to the public as a "healthy snack." Yuck!
If they were dipped in coffee could have fooled me. Tastes more like they took the most generic and nasty powered cappuccino mix they could find and put it directly on the chip. What strikes me as both horrifying and funny, is these 4 flavors are the finalists of this year's flavors. If these were the best of the bunch... how horrible were the others. I've heard the bacon mac and cheese is good... the wasabi and ginger is good... the mango salsa is meh, and the cappuccino is downright disgusting. I shudder to think what those beat.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:39 AM

442 posts, read 496,246 times
I will hang my head in shame and say that I liked the Cappuccino chips

However, the ginger wasabi were by far my favorite this year!

Old 10-01-2014, 07:06 AM

1,148 posts, read 1,682,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
WTH were they thinking? And WTH was I thinking even spending my money to try these? They taste like something I picked out of the garbage. They are so disgusting!
I was curious about these myself, but then got to thinking how gross coffee potato chips would be and didn't buy them. Maybe Lay's didn't get a lot of entries this year.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:11 AM

19,498 posts, read 9,525,458 times
I was thinking of trying the cappuccino flavoured potato chips but didn't want to buy such a huge bag of them. Based on some of the comments here, guess I haven't missed much.

Vote your favorite 1 (?):
https://www.dousaflavor.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=chip+fl avors&utm_campaign=generalchips/snacks-nonbrand_generalchips_nb#!/

The mango salsa we've tried. Not too bad but not exceptional.
I can't recall if it was the wasabi ginger that I tried some time ago from Sheetz or some other flavor.
Sure would like to try again but now I haven't seen it. Of the others: Chili limon; Cheddar and black pepper; Less Fat Jalapeño Cheddar or just the ones that were jalapeño weren't so bad; Sea salt and vinegar mixes I'd like too. When we were in Subway this past weekend, they were advertising the aged cheddar and black pepper. I looked around but didn't see them. Asked but the guy preparing the subs said that they had them but it was quite a while ago, they don't have them anymore. Sure wish they would take the picture of the ones down and advertise ONLY what they had in that store at that time - not a previous time, rgggghhh.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:35 AM

5,475 posts, read 6,290,008 times
I've had the bacon, mac and cheese and like them, and am looking to try the wasabi & ginger. I will NOT be trying the mango or the cappicino flavors, they just don't sound right. My all time favorite Lays trial flavor was the cheeseburger flavor they put out a few years ago, they tasted exactly like a McDonalds cheesburger.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:01 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,967,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
I've had the bacon, mac and cheese and like them, and am looking to try the wasabi & ginger. I will NOT be trying the mango or the cappicino flavors, they just don't sound right. My all time favorite Lays trial flavor was the cheeseburger flavor they put out a few years ago, they tasted exactly like a McDonalds cheesburger.
See if you can find the cheeseburger Pringles. I had those once and I'll be damned if it didn't taste like a McDouble.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:19 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Some flavors should not be mixed with certain foods. This reminds me of that disgusting bacon promotion called Baconalia Denny's had a couple of years ago. I'm normally a lover of bacon, however, a maple bacon sundae should be against the laws of nature. Apparently it is, because Denny's got rid of the entire promotion shortly after it began. My friend tried this sundae (I didn't) and hated it. He loves bacon more than any person I've ever met.

I was on a consumer panel for a small dinner house chain that tried a bacon and chocolate chip ice cream. Actually, for the most part, it was pretty good. I think that had they rendered te bacon further, it would have been great. And I am not a great bacon lover.

==========================

Lays is so far behind Hanover, Herr's and many of the small producers when it comes to new flavors tat they had to set up a contest to catch up. It has blown up in their face as people liked some of the "losers" and are lampooning the winners.

==========================

My least favorite chips are the hot dog flavored potato chips. However, my Amish friends tell me that they sell all other flavors 3-1 in their stores.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:13 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
We were at a friend's house and she put those horrid things out as snacks. My husband brought me a few and say "try this". As soon as I looked at them I said, "They're the Lay's Cappuccino chips, aren't they?" Our friend came over and said I just HAD to try them. Apparently she's quite a fan of them. I took a small bite to shut her up lol...and wanted to barf right after because that's what they taste like lol. I don't know a single other person who actually liked them.

Lay's has that contest where people submit flavor ideas. The bacon mac 'n cheese was way better. Coffee needs to be left alone but I really don't know who passed those "taste tests".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink