Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 04:38 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,190,090 times

Advertisements

When I dump a bag of cookies in the cookie jar, I eat the broken cookies and pieces first, until finally just the perfect whole ones are left Then I eat them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 06:37 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,694,782 times
When eating apple pie I eat the filling first then the crust.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:30 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,240,720 times
When it comes to goofy food habits, most of these seem really common and not that odd.

I guess that I was expecting a 'what I eat' and 'how I eat' when I am alone kind of thread.
Here are some of mine:

-When no one is looking, I lick my plate. I'll never do it if someone is watching, but I will scan the room and wait for the optimal moment when all eyes are elsewhere.

-Most things that I eat need to be dipped into some sort of sauce or condomment. I am not sure how this started, but the idea of eating food 'bare' seems weird to me.

-I eat almost everything with hot sauce. This is in addition with the above. The hotter the better.

-I don't trust people who don't eat cilantro.

-I drink coffee black, but add milk and honey to tea.

-I drink ALL beverages at room temperature. For some reason, this drives people nuts.

-In fact, I prefer to eat most food at room temperature. Why people like to burn the *#$% out of their mouths eating piping hot pizza, for example, is beyond me. But hey, it's your mouth.

-When I eat ramen, I eat it with a spoon.

-I wipe my mouth after every bite.

-I absolutely despise it when someone, anyone, is watching me eat.

That is enough for now.

Old 03-13-2010, 06:49 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,082,223 times
Awesome thread!

-Peeling the skin off the grape in strips.
-Eating around the carrot until it's just the core.
-Biting off a top portion of a peanut M & M, but not biting off any of the peanut itself. Then I'll eat the M & M.
-Eating the caramel off of the Twix first, then the cookie part.
-I like lettuce but I can't eat it on anything hot, like oven-baked subs or burgers . It grosses me out.
-If I eat breadsticks, I like to mix pizza sauce and ranch (or even better, blue cheese dressing) together. This really weirds people out.
-Before I eat a green olive, I like to eat the pimento out of it first.
-I also hate when other people watch me eat.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:19 AM

7,126 posts, read 12,667,756 times
I'm a dunker..I love to dunk cookies and cake in my milk or coffee. When bits fall into m beverage, all the better. Then I get a cookie or cake smoothie to drink down...

Old 03-13-2010, 07:50 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,491,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
I'm a dunker..I love to dunk cookies and cake in my milk or coffee. When bits fall into m beverage, all the better. Then I get a cookie or cake smoothie to drink down...
this actually makes me feel sick!

Old 03-13-2010, 03:12 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
My room mate left beans and weenies on the counter when I woke up. There's maybe half a serving of it left. She might throw it away, and I guess if she's paying for it, she can do whatever she likes, but I hate to see food wasted. Anyway, when I eat beans and weenies, I dig out the weenies and eat them first.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
I like to eat cold pumpkin pie off a napkin. Slice a nice piece and then eat it like it was a slice of pizza. (No whipped cream this way. Just naked.)

Corn on the cob: Take a bit here, spin the cob and take a bite there. Spin the cob and take another random bite. And when I'm all done I like to suck on the buttery, salty cob. (It took a lot for me to admit that!)

I'll think of what else I do because to me it's just NORMAL.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:21 PM

65 posts, read 92,985 times
i had a co worker who would sniff her food. not the plate of food, not the first bite, EVERY SINGLE BITE was sniffed, forkful by forkful, bite by bite, until it was gone.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:40 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,052,824 times
I do the same with raw carrots and I eat corn one row at a time.

But the weirdest thing I do is suck dem heads and pinch den tails. Gota love hot boiled crawfish, now get your minds out the gutters.

busta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink