Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 02:19 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,755,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfurm View Post
I love French Fries dipped in a cold vanilla shake. I will not eat chicken off the bone. I'll remove the meat then eat the chicken, the bone must be removed far away from the rest of the food on the plate.
SAME HERE!
I cannot eat any meat with either bones or shell. No chicken with bones, no shrimps (unless they have been peeled off their shell / skins), etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 03:31 PM

75 posts, read 91,295 times
I don't really think this weird, but most first time dinner guests to our house do. I eat just about everything with chopsticks. I am not asian, have never been to any country where chopsticks are standard. I just prefer them to the usual fork or spoon.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:16 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,584,137 times
Wow, interesting posts!

Old 12-01-2012, 01:19 PM

7,641 posts, read 18,061,646 times
Not so weird, as it is becoming increasingly popular, but I'll dip pretty much anything bland and savory into Sriracha to give it an extra boost of flavor, and sometimes things that aren't so bland, like cottage cheese and ham and scalloped potatoes. I've also did the same thing with hummus, leading to such combinations as pork chops with hummus, and as of late, different chutnies (macaroni and cheese in green chutney, cottage cheese in pizza chutney).

Old 12-03-2012, 09:39 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,755,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Not so weird, as it is becoming increasingly popular, but I'll dip pretty much anything bland and savory into Sriracha to give it an extra boost of flavor, and sometimes things that aren't so bland, like cottage cheese and ham and scalloped potatoes. I've also did the same thing with hummus, leading to such combinations as pork chops with hummus, and as of late, different chutnies (macaroni and cheese in green chutney, cottage cheese in pizza chutney).
OH YUM....I should try that....
I have mango chutney with macaroni and cheese in my mind now....

Old 12-03-2012, 07:30 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,241,781 times
Ever since I was a kid ...a 100 years ago.. my Dad & Brothers always put small curd cottage cheese in their chili. My Brothers still do and so do I. We also put large cooked macaroni in the chili. It's the only way we can eat chili. I know sounds weird, but that's how it's always been.
I guess we grossed Mom out for all those years...she doesn't eat it that way.

I also eat crunchy PB on apples.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:00 AM

15 posts, read 11,293 times
Thought this was a fun topic

My weird habits:

I don't mind it if my food touches, but I can't STAND it if I'm eating steak, and the steak touches the mayo... (I always eat my steak with croquettes de pomme de terre, its like mashed potatoes with a little crust), I always dip them in mayo, but I hate it if my steak touches the mayo.

When I eat m&m peanuts, I sometimes like to bite it into two pieces, and eat then eat the peanut, and then the chocolate xD

If I'm eating potato chips, I always lick off the spices first and then eat the potato chip.. I almost never eat it as a whole xD lol

Sometimes when I'm having sandwiches for lunch, I'll eat the first piece of bread, then I'll eat whatever is on my sandwich, and then the other piece of bread

Old 03-02-2013, 07:36 PM

238 posts, read 226,409 times
I saw this got resurrected and read the whole thing. As my kids would tell you I not only have issues (with food, among other things) but lifetime subscriptions.

I only eat bologna on cinnamon raisin toast with spicy brown mustard.

Twice a year my little middle and I split a banana (mostly green) on bowls of rice krispies. That's pretty much the only time I eat banana, except for banana bread.

My fries are dipped in either a ketchup/mayo combo with Tony's creole seasoning or dipped into a vanilla malted.

I like sweet potatoes served savory but despise them with even a hint of added sweetness.

I like the cream cheese and green olive mix- as a sandwich or usually the cr cheese stuffed in celery with sliced olives on top.

I like pepper sandwiches. Mom used to make them (fried) using red peppers but now I just cut each pepper into 6 wedges, nuke for 333 covered with a damp paper towel, flip and repeat. Put them on lightly buttered bread with a sprinkle of salt- it is one of my fave things. I stopped eating them when we were having crazy crazy high prices, then when the craving got to me I tried them with the green peppers I had in the fridge and they were sooooooo good. My fave is probably the yellow peppers, but they are all good.

I love my tomato sandwiches after they have sat a bit and the juice soaks into the bread.

I also like my subs after they get all soggy (I only use oil/vinegar & spices to dress them).

I can't stand any mac & cheese unless it has a sweet/spicy thing going on- Major Grey's chutney, chili sauce, etc- my faves are fruit based salsa or chutneys.

That's enough for one post- hope this gets resurrected, I had a blast reading them.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:13 AM

15 posts, read 11,293 times
I have another one.. I love eating rice with ketchup xD I just put some ketchup on the side and then mix my rice in it... I love it lol

Old 03-05-2013, 01:54 PM

1,538 posts, read 1,506,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
The thread referencing about black eye peas and ketchup had me thinking of odd things I like to eat.

black eye peas & ketchup
Pinto Beans & ketchup
Peanut butter & straberries on a pancake
Mustard on Saltine crackers only.
Mustard on city ham but not on country.
Warm cornbread in a bowl of milk.
Eggs over medium stir in with my sausage gravy and biscuits.
I like to grill my Pimento Cheese sandwiches
When camping; I like to have my hot dog weiner catch on fire til it black
I like dipping potatoe chips in mustard
I like to mix peanut butter & jelly and maple syrup and just eat the mix.
Bologna dipped in pancake batter then fried.
Fish sandwich with ketchup
Pizza dipped in thousand island
macrroni & cheese mix with ketchup and Texas Pete.
I love mac and cheese with ketchup and Texas Pete!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink