Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 02:28 PM

40 posts, read 134,395 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have a problem cooking with their glass pots and pans? I seem to almost burn everything i cook, i have to stay in the kitchen and stir,stir and stir to keep food from sticking and burning. Are these pans suppose to be "seasoned" like cast iron pans? I wanted to get away from teflon type pans since there seems to be health issues with these types of cookware. Went to glass thinking it would be more safe. Thank you in advance for comments, observations and advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 02:34 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,448,855 times
I use stainless steel pots and pans not glass but I rarely burn food. Perhaps your heat is too high?

Old 10-12-2014, 02:41 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,050 times
I have a glass pan that I never use because food burns.
I guess that's why I see so many at the Salvation Army stores. Nobody wants them.

Old 10-12-2014, 05:05 PM

3,513 posts, read 6,374,594 times
I love cooking in my Corning Ware Visions pots and pans, it's always my first choice, over anything else. I rarely have a problem with stuff burning in it an if I should burn something it cleans up much easier than my Revere Ware or other stuff, except things that have non-stick finishes.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:40 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
You can burn any food in any pan if you don't pay attention to what you're doing.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:13 AM

40 posts, read 134,395 times
Default Can't read? Or just mean?

Thank you to the 1 lady who also has trouble with her pans , now did the rest of you not read or are you just mean for a living? I DO stand over these pans and stir and stir and stir some more on low-med. heat and yet it still wants to stick to the pan. How is that not "paying attention". The burner is never as high as med. temp. I just wanted to see if they required some special care that i did not know about and what i get is "attitude and meanness". Thanks for sharing your special brand of "joy".

Old 10-13-2014, 08:20 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,686,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicocottage View Post
Thank you to the 1 lady who also has trouble with her pans , now did the rest of you not read or are you just mean for a living? I DO stand over these pans and stir and stir and stir some more on low-med. heat and yet it still wants to stick to the pan. How is that not "paying attention". The burner is never as high as med. temp. I just wanted to see if they required some special care that i did not know about and what i get is "attitude and meanness". Thanks for sharing your special brand of "joy".
Aint no way in heck that things are sticking and burning if your just cooking on med-low all the while standing and stirring.

Your cooking at too high a temp, your not being truthful about your attentiveness or both.

I've have a set of Vision cookware fom the early 1980's that has been used hundreds of times to cook cream sauces in and never once have they burned UNLESS I was not paying attention or cooking on too high a heat or BOTH.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:36 AM

487 posts, read 748,282 times
I can't say that I've had any real trouble with my Corning Ware Visions pots & pans either. I've had good and bad luck with both them and the metal pans, so I figure it must be operator error on my part when things go awry.

I do wish I could get the splatter stains off of my Pyrex baking dishes a little easier though. Seems like baked on stuff is pretty hard to clean off.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:15 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
I can't get into it bec I have too many stories...all my clear cookware has been tossed.
Too dangerous...please don't wait till it happens to you. The first story I heard, I did nothing.

I know... google glass pots and pans horror stories....saves me time.

(I'm not talking about hot pots put into cold water either.)

Be safe.

Old 10-15-2014, 06:57 AM

487 posts, read 748,282 times
I've used the same glass bake and cookware for 20+ years - never had a problem other than the fact that the baked on stains are hard to remove. I did, however, have a friend give me two colored glass coffee cups along with some coffee, etc. as a Christmas gift. Christmas morning I filled the green one with coffee and KABLAMMM! It blew to smithereens, and I was left standing in my kitchen with hot coffee everywhere and a green handle in my hand. The rest of the mug had practically turned to sand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink