Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 08:33 AM

917 posts, read 1,376,978 times

Advertisements

I just got a breakfast sandwich from Burger King and the sausage was burned on the outside and a bit raw on the inside!! It was disgusting! Considering they took a while to get my order I figured it'd be worth it but it wasnt
I noticed most fast food places have those 1-800 numbers to call if you have a complaint. Has anyone ever called? What do they actually do about it?

I have had issues before but they were rude or took too long but Ive never actually called. Just let it go... But this sandwich was nauseating...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 08:39 AM

16,895 posts, read 16,034,077 times
I suggest you visit them on Facebook...I never had a response from any fast food restaurant except when I use Facebook.
I gave up completely on Burger King quite some time ago. They're pathetic! (But I do wish I had a Double Whopper right now! )

Old 10-23-2014, 08:43 AM

61,300 posts, read 86,209,732 times
No. I don't expect much quality in fast food AKA junk food places. I simply don't eat there.

But yes, Facebook usually gets the fastest (although generic) response. They don't want negative comments linger there too long.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:52 AM

17,330 posts, read 32,907,188 times
Twitter. If you use Twitter, that is. (I don't.) Let me tell you, action HAPPENS when you tweet (I can't believe I just wrote that) about a bad experience about a place and "link" them with that hashtag #stuff. Someone had a problem with Maytag, got nowhere with calls and even when they went to her house to check the washing machine. She took to Twitter and related her experience. BAM! New washing machine from Maytag that very same week.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Twitter. If you use Twitter, that is. (I don't.) Let me tell you, action HAPPENS when you tweet (I can't believe I just wrote that) about a bad experience about a place and "link" them with that hashtag #stuff. Someone had a problem with Maytag, got nowhere with calls and even when they went to her house to check the washing machine. She took to Twitter and related her experience. BAM! New washing machine from Maytag that very same week.
Yeah restaurants and fast food places are quick to respond on Twitter!! I dont have Facebook so I wont be doing that... Im probably just going to let it go... I already tossed the sandwich in the trash... : (

Old 10-23-2014, 09:06 AM

22,192 posts, read 29,212,718 times
Yes I have and I have gotten coupons in the mail from it.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:11 AM

420 posts, read 701,701 times
Heck yeah, upper management needs to be notified if something wasn't served right, plus free food.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:15 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,239,363 times
No, but I have called the 1-800 numbers when I want to compliment particularly polite and efficient employees.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
No, but I have called the 1-800 numbers when I want to compliment particularly polite and efficient employees.
I did something similar to that once. I was at Chilis and we had a young waiter. He was attentive and on top of his game. A snobby young girl (probably about 12) and her dad were at the table next to us. The girl was almost finished with her hamburger when she had a hissy fit saying it wasnt what she ordered and the meat wasnt cooked the way she requested. The dad went off on the waiter and said he was refusing to pay and demanded a manager. The manager went over and told them the meal was on him and to pick any dessert. This seemed to have bothered the waiter when clearly this people were just trying to get free food. We spoke to the manager and said he was a great waiter and left him a 30.00 tip!!

Old 10-23-2014, 10:00 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,280,990 times
My take on this: I know from being in customer service for many years and as an experienced Travel Agent until a few years: complaining after the fact rarely does any good. Entering your gripe on tweeter or facebook is really almost unfair and going a little over the top and fast food restaurants are exactly that: they are for a quick bite to eat, not supposed to be great. This is the reason we rarely use fast food, but there are times when it is fun, a must or the best choice. I would let it go, next time tell them right away. If most of us were to complain about the food we get at fast food restaurants we would be complaining most of the time. I bet I have had fast food breakfast at McDonalds 3 times in the past 5 years, never good...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink