Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 02:37 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,230,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
So, if you do not properly pace yourselves, you can be out the door in well under an hour.
Interesting point. I made my last trip to a churrascaria about 3 weeks ago. We dove in right away, but I tend to take a breather about half to 2/3 of the way through and we talk a lot. We were there about 2 hours. When we go in Brazil it is common for us to be there longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 03:45 PM

19,963 posts, read 30,042,363 times
a carnivore's dream?? sounds right up my alley!!

we went to one restaurant - someone wanted me to go to it a couple yrs ago....and they speared and rottisserried all there meats - all you can eat....

they cut the meat off a rottisserrie spear at tableside

they had course after course - but as someone said it takes a while,,,i noticed they do their best to fill you up with fixins before the meat comes out- so I saved my appetitite for the meat- I had the works- lamb, then beef I was in heaven!!!!

the beef was sirloin from top butt, one waiter said it was filet mignon, and one said it was rib eye- wasn't either one- but I enjoyed it and someone else was paying!!!

I cant remember if this was a Brazilian place or not- there's a descriptive word for this type of cooking/serving and I cant remember it

Old 10-28-2014, 03:53 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,184,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
a carnivore's dream?? sounds right up my alley!!

we went to one restaurant - someone wanted me to go to it a couple yrs ago....and they speared and rottisserried all there meats - all you can eat....

they cut the meat off a rottisserrie spear at tableside

they had course after course - but as someone said it takes a while,,,i noticed they do their best to fill you up with fixins before the meat comes out- so I saved my appetitite for the meat- I had the works- lamb, then beef I was in heaven!!!!

the beef was sirloin from top butt, one waiter said it was filet mignon, and one said it was rib eye- wasn't either one- but I enjoyed it and someone else was paying!!!

I cant remember if this was a Brazilian place or not- there's a descriptive word for this type of cooking/serving and I cant remember it

That's a churrascaria. It's for "barbecue". The ones I've gone to are exactly like that. Sometimes they take their time coming around with the meats, especially the really good meats. Chicken and sausage is plentiful but when you're waiting for the beef or lamb, the servers are no where to be found sometimes lol...we've gone to a few places and like you said, they want you to fill up on the fixins. I remember years ago paying less than $30 a person and that was without drinks. That's a bargain considering we spend just about that much sometimes on one dish!

I now have a craving for churrascaria.

Old 10-28-2014, 04:48 PM

16,368 posts, read 30,102,520 times
Rodizio Grill is much less expensive than the other and the menu is decent, but much less varied than the others.

I have been to Tucano's a couple times and it was satisfactory but not great.

Texas de Brazil and Forgo de Chao were both very good but also quite expensive. The quality of the food is far better than the other ones.

Yolie's in Las Vegas was a major disappointment. The food was pretty good BUT there were few sides, all served to you. Service was mediocre, especially I you do not order alcohol.

Those are all that I have been to.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:40 PM

19,963 posts, read 30,042,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
That's a churrascaria. It's for "barbecue". The ones I've gone to are exactly like that. Sometimes they take their time coming around with the meats, especially the really good meats. Chicken and sausage is plentiful but when you're waiting for the beef or lamb, the servers are no where to be found sometimes lol...we've gone to a few places and like you said, they want you to fill up on the fixins. I remember years ago paying less than $30 a person and that was without drinks. That's a bargain considering we spend just about that much sometimes on one dish!

I now have a craving for churrascaria.
yes! that is it!

Old 10-28-2014, 05:52 PM

3,396 posts, read 7,181,137 times
I've only been to Fogo de Chao and Texas de Brazil. Both are good, but I prefer Fogo de Chao. As others have said, go hungry and pace yourself.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:38 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,142,932 times
I will stick to the very first one that I experienced while training for a job in Atlanta. I guess the new experience makes me biased.

Fire of Brazil.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:50 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,393,271 times
Texas de Brazil is our personal fav of those in San Antonio. Not so much the downtown location, but find it as a very special place to take someone for a slow, deliberately enjoy the meal kind of evening, vs the "hurry up the next people are here" service.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:18 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,541,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Seriously? I've never seen a "Brazilian" food joint much less a Brazilian steakhouse in my lifetime. How would anyone know the answer unless they've visited them all?
Brazilian BBQ is awesome, unlike American BBQ which uses too many sauces, marinades, and additives. Brazilian style is more closer to how people would cook meat over fire. Lightly seasoned and charred.

If you love eating flesh like a zombie then you will love it because they serve all parts of meat not just steaks.

Old 11-17-2016, 01:53 AM

1 posts, read 426 times
I Love Brazilian Steakhouse and I found the best Brazilian steakhouse in Hollywood, which is Viva Brazil restaurant. Vivabrazilfl.com

http://vivabrazilfl.com/wp-content/u.../01/slide1.png
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink