Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 09:56 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-Cathy View Post
Dead. Fair enough.
Sorry. That just tickled my funny bone this morning. Thanks for the giggle!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 08:09 AM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCat1105 View Post
Not so at all! We are a crispy pizza fans here too. I think there are a lot of troubles making a decent crisp crust pizza, so you may very we'll have had a lot of soggy ones, but we don't like them any better than you do.
I'm with you guys. I don't like thick, soggy crust, either. The first time I had a Papa John's pizza, I was disappointed with the doughy, uncooked crust. My landlord saw me throwing out the box, and said, "Sponge cake with tomatoes on top."

Old 01-27-2015, 10:32 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,230,149 times
I love pineapple on pizza! Back in Vermont, we put all sorts of unholy toppings on... I recall one restaurant in town served up a rainbow trout pizza which was delicious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
pineapples. who's genius idea was it to put pineapple on a pizza, and why do so many people like it?

Old 01-27-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
pineapples. who's genius idea was it to put pineapple on a pizza, and why do so many people like it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I love pineapple on pizza! Back in Vermont, we put all sorts of unholy toppings on... I recall one restaurant in town served up a rainbow trout pizza which was delicious!
You know, when I first heard of pineapple on pizza, I was appalled. It smacked of that whole silly-food-from-California trend in the 1980s, so I just dismissed it. Neither ham nor pineapple seemed as if it would go well with tomato sauce. The idea of red and pink food together alone was somewhat unappetizing.

But I like pineapple, and one day I was in the city at a Bravo's pizza place and they had a pie made up with ham and pineapple and I decided to try a slice. I was surprised how good it was, and it really did seem to go OK with the tomato sauce.

Not something I want to eat all the time on my pizza, but once in a while, it hits the spot.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:31 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Green peppers just over power the whole thing for me... that is all I taste ...and
since they are an unripe vegetable, so I was told...they give me an upset tummy.

I might take off pineapple...but I would take one bite first at least.
that's it...I'm a go on anything else!
So in a group that is my input...I don't think that's terrible...2 things.
Italian sausage. If it's not homemade, to me, it tastes like crap.

The Italian sausage most pizza places use is the absolute worse.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Italian sausage. If it's not homemade, to me, it tastes like crap.

The Italian sausage most pizza places use is the absolute worse.
Yeah, but how many people in real life actually make their own sausage? You are part of a very limited universe with that POV. I've never known one single person in my entire lifetime who made sausage at home, and I'm in my fifties.

I don't like sausage on pizza because it's usually too greasy.

Of course, if you'd like to provide some homemade sausage for testing purposes, I'd be happy to volunteer!

Old 01-27-2015, 01:52 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yeah, but how many people in real life actually make their own sausage? You are part of a very limited universe with that POV. I've never known one single person in my entire lifetime who made sausage at home, and I'm in my fifties.

I don't like sausage on pizza because it's usually too greasy.

Of course, if you'd like to provide some homemade sausage for testing purposes, I'd be happy to volunteer!
Judging by your post, you'd be surprised!

Hmmm... Where do you live, or have you lived? I've lived all over the place. It's not unusual in many parts of the country.

It's really simple to have homemade Italian sausage on hand!

Try this easy and quick recipe:

Homemade Sweet Italian Sausage (Mild or Hot) Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Old 01-28-2015, 01:17 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,887,077 times
Olives. Of any color. I like most foods, but I can't stand olives. I'm with whoever said earlier even if you pick them off, you can still taste them.
Not a fan of capers either.

Old 01-28-2015, 04:40 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,519,733 times
Possibly some extremely hot pepper that I do not like. That would probably one of the few things that I would pick off on my pizza.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:59 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,190,905 times
Any kind of olive has to come off, along with anchovy, which I have never even tasted! In fact, the simpler, the better!
A nice piece of plain, 4-cheese pizza would be just fine with me!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink