Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 07:27 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,120 times

Advertisements

I still get cow's milk, for the 3 of us. We buy organic to get the best we can.
We tried vegetal milks and it's just not the same, especially in cooking. Mashed potatoes made with soy milk are plain disgusting. And that's just one example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 10:12 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,105 times
I love milk. My go-to is whole, but I will also drink 2%. Below that, there isn't enough cow in the milk. I also drink almond milk in protein shakes, but I would never replace it with milk for other things.

The idea that dairy milk will go away is absurd. If anything, the movement is towards allowing fresh, unpasteurized milk.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:57 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Several glasses per day. Love the stuff!

Old 01-26-2015, 01:03 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,034,960 times
I drink milk often but only organic.

There are certain cookies that you just need to wash down with a cold glass of milk.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:14 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,681,619 times
Okay, I know the OP is serious about the topic but sometimes reading threads like this I have to wonder how long before I see topics such as:

Do you still breathe air?
Do you still walk to the mailbox?
Do you still pedal your bicycle?
Do you still press down on the keys?
Do you still move the vacuum cleaner back and forth?
Do you still chew your food?

Old 01-26-2015, 01:20 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,874,646 times
I'll leave that for calves as it's their source of antibodies and hormones from their lactating mom so they to can grow eventually becoming vegetarian!

Old 01-26-2015, 01:22 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,644,836 times
I like the taste of soy and almond much better, but I still drink skim milk, too, although not that much.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:25 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,807,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I like the taste of soy and almond much better, but I still drink skim milk, too, although not that much.

No goat's milk?

Old 01-26-2015, 01:26 PM

83 posts, read 149,108 times
I always wondered when living in the U.S. why milk was sold by the gallon. A gallon? Who drinks such absurd amounts of milk?

I do drink cow's milk, and it is one of the products where it's worth it to me to spend more money to have a product from a "happy cow". They have a brand here in Switzerland which comes from free roaming cows in the mountains. It is more expensive, but I only buy one liter a week: for my coffee, for some sauces, mashed potatoes and for the occasional hot chocolate :-) When it's gone, it's gone. I think with animal products, the mentality of buying large quantities for as little money as possible is unethical and short-sighted. I am willing to limit my consumption, but have quality products made with care for the animals as well. Everybody wins :-) Of course in larger families on a tight budget, there are other considerations...

Old 01-26-2015, 01:31 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,845,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha.M View Post
I always wondered when living in the U.S. why milk was sold by the gallon. A gallon? Who drinks such absurd amounts of milk?

I do drink cow's milk, and it is one of the products where it's worth it to me to spend more money to have a product from a "happy cow". They have a brand here in Switzerland which comes from free roaming cows in the mountains. It is more expensive, but I only buy one liter a week: for my coffee, for some sauces, mashed potatoes and for the occasional hot chocolate :-) When it's gone, it's gone. I think with animal products, the mentality of buying large quantities for as little money as possible is unethical and short-sighted. I am willing to limit my consumption, but have quality products made with care for the animals as well. Everybody wins :-) Of course in larger families on a tight budget, there are other considerations...
My family uses a gallon a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink