Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 02:09 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,311,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I heard a rumor that Giada does not actually swallow her food on camera and that when the camera is off she spits it in a bowl. Not sure if I believe it or not. She is too skinny IMO. I love Lidia, pioneer woman.
LOL there is another thread on the Diet forum where a poster said she didn't want weight loss advice from fat people. This is kind of the flip side of that: Getting cooking advice from someone too thin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 02:23 PM

2,055 posts, read 2,554,130 times
I'm just gonna say right now, that motorboating Giada is a personal ambition of mine.

That is all.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:31 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,042,851 times
That's offensive - take out the name and insert woman. It's misogynistic at best.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:44 PM

68,281 posts, read 54,065,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
I just started watching cooking shows and really just watch Giada but I feel like it's time to "graduate" from watching her. She's good for beginners but I feel like she's so basic and there are a few things that if I see/hear one more time, I'm gonna pull my hair out....:

Giada taking a big whiff of something and saying, "aaaaahhhh"

Giada saying, "little bit of salt, little bit of pepper."

Giada saying "add olive oil for a nice crispy crunch"

Giada's magic sink that I think is probably some kind of dumbwaiter that sends the dishes down to the custodians lol.

Giada saying, "I make/use this because Jade loves it."

And I thought "Perfect!" made up about 80% of her vocabulary.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:59 PM

22,302 posts, read 11,807,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Giada's okay. Love my Rachel. Neither of them has EVER professed to being a trained chef.

The one I CAN'T stand is Ina Garten, with her stupid barefoot contessa bit. ICK! If I have to hear her refer to "Jeffrey" one more time I'll hurl. She is just so ....what is the word....oooky???? I don't know but she creeps me out in a slimy kind of way.
Giada is a trained chef. She went to Le Cordon Bleu.

Giada De Laurentiis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From the link:

De Laurentiis studied at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris,[1][3] with aspirations of becoming a pastry chef; she is a self-proclaimed chocoholic. After returning to the United States, she became a professional chef working in several Los Angeles restaurants, notably the Wolfgang Puck-owned Spago. She later worked as a food stylist and was contacted by the Food Network after styling a piece in Food & Wine Magazine in 2002.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:16 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,389,032 times
Merv Griffin, a TV mogul came up with the Big Head Theory, so perhaps that helped Glada get the show. Merv said having a big head photographed better than a small head. Supposedly he chose Pat Sajak and Vanna White to star in his show because of their heads.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:44 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,406,175 times
Let's face it. People love to hate her. Yea her head is too big for her body, she's not a serious chef etc etc. The only reason she's on TV IMO is BECAUSE she is good looking, a decent cook and she's well connected (look at her last name). I'm sure many women will disagree with me but from a male's perspective (generally speaking) she is attractive.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:18 PM

4,675 posts, read 3,433,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Let's face it. People love to hate her. Yea her head is too big for her body, she's not a serious chef etc etc. The only reason she's on TV IMO is BECAUSE she is good looking, a decent cook and she's well connected (look at her last name). I'm sure many women will disagree with me but from a male's perspective (generally speaking) she is attractive.
Really this big head thing I never noticed before. Great now I am going to have to watch her to see for myself. I don't like her, I find that most on The Food Network are all style over substance.
Back in the day I really liked Yan can cook on PBS. Now the only "cooking" show I watch is My Grandmother's Ravioli. I have always liked Mo Rocca and I like seeing "normal" home cooks. The episode with two ladies from India, their lamb kheema is so good.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:59 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,532,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post

Obviously you didn't read her bio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Giada is a trained chef. She went to Le Cordon Bleu.

Giada De Laurentiis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From the link:

De Laurentiis studied at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris,[1][3] with aspirations of becoming a pastry chef; she is a self-proclaimed chocoholic. After returning to the United States, she became a professional chef working in several Los Angeles restaurants, notably the Wolfgang Puck-owned Spago. She later worked as a food stylist and was contacted by the Food Network after styling a piece in Food & Wine Magazine in 2002.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:21 PM

677 posts, read 668,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Merv Griffin, a TV mogul came up with the Big Head Theory, so perhaps that helped Glada get the show. Merv said having a big head photographed better than a small head. Supposedly he chose Pat Sajak and Vanna White to star in his show because of their heads.
That's true, most people on TV and the big screen have a big head and face ... most actors are short, but the big head makes them appear taller.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink