Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 10:55 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times

Advertisements

What are the things that are in your breakfast rotation, and how often do you have them? Do you ever deviate?

I usually have a handful (about 15) bite size shredded wheats in milk. Once a week, French toast. On Sunday, eggs, either fried with sausage and toast, or scrambled with refried beans and tortillas.

No coffee -- I have my daily cup of that later in the morning, at the office, with a piece of home-baked cake. Except on Sunday, which is why I have a big breakfast that day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 10:58 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
I have what I am hungry for no matter what time of the day it is or what the food is. We are not regimented in anything we do so there is no "breakfast" food in our home, there is food and if we want Tacos in the morning and waffles after dark that is what we have.

Old 01-31-2015, 11:09 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
What are the things that are in your breakfast rotation, and how often do you have them? Do you ever deviate?

I usually have a handful (about 15) bite size shredded wheats in milk. Once a week, French toast. On Sunday, eggs, either fried with sausage and toast, or scrambled with refried beans and tortillas.

No coffee -- I have my daily cup of that later in the morning, at the office, with a piece of home-baked cake. Except on Sunday, which is why I have a big breakfast that day.
Breakfast can be anything in our house....and since we like typical breakfast foods....we can have those anytime as well. we had meatloaf sandwiches for breakfast this morning.

Old 01-31-2015, 12:04 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
During the week, it's usually a plain greek yogurt with a little fruit and a KIND bar. On the weekends, it's usually a couple scrambled eggs, turkey sausage and frozen gluten free waffles. I occasionally change it up, but those are sort of my default options.

Old 01-31-2015, 12:07 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
I don't need a lot of variety, so I either eat oatmeal or peanut butter toast and grapefruit.

Old 01-31-2015, 12:08 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Breakfast is important for me, and I eat breakfast every day. Breakfast helps to stabilize blood sugar levels, which regulate appetite and energy. I noticed that after I eat breakfast, I am less likely to be hungry and overeat during the rest of the day.
However I have no schedule or meal rotation. I eat for breakfast whatever I have at home.
It could be Müsli with milk or yogurt, and fresh fruit/nuts - especially when I am in a hurry,
or open face whole-wheat, whole grain or rye sandwich with cold meats, smoked ham and cheese & soft cooked egg,
or leftover soup from previous day,
or eggs prepared many ways with potatoes, if I have any leftover,
or poached egg with ham, served on bread with butter, and topped with cheese,

Generally - never white bread or anything sweet. Typical foods for my breakfast will included cold cuts, smoked fish, savory spreads or salads, hard cheese, quark, eaten with whole grain bread, and fresh fruits. I also like to eat raw vegetables for breakfast, such as tomatoes and cucumbers, lettuce, red radishes, green onions - with my eggs or open face sandwiches.
Few examples:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

The only time I will have something sweet is with my afternoon tea.
To drink - besides an orange or carrot juice, I always have strong, hot black tea, sometimes with milk.

Three meals a day, and no snacking during the day, except a glass of juice or piece of fruit, or one small cookie with my afternoon tea.

Last edited by elnina; 01-31-2015 at 12:20 PM..

Old 01-31-2015, 12:16 PM

3,396 posts, read 7,211,251 times
On the weekends it can vary quite a bit. This morning I had a bagel with fried pancetta, arugula, sliced tomato, manchego and an egg. Tomorrow I'm making some sort of savory crepe type thing.

During the week it doesn't vary all that much, usually coffee, a bagel or bowl of cereal, and a few handfuls of whatever fruit we have around that week (grapes, strawberries, blueberries, etc.).

Old 01-31-2015, 12:35 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,953,306 times
I hard-boil a half dozen eggs. I oven-cook a pound of bacon (sometimes sausage). I cut up a pineapple into bite sized chunks. (In season, I vary the pineapple with strawberries). When I'm ready to eat, I don't want to wait while it cooks.

When I first wake up, a cup of coffee. About an hour later, one hard-boiled egg, two slices of bacon, some fruit and another cup of coffee. On occasion, I'll have a little yoghurt and some Special K. When it's snowing and gray and cold, I sometimes have a bowl of oatmeal with some cinnamon toast (real comfort food for me). Actually, if I'm feeling particularly low, I'll have it all at the same meal! Fortunately, that doesn't happen often. And no, I don't get tired of the same thing every day. Why would I? If I liked it enough to eat it yesterday...

Old 01-31-2015, 12:44 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,814,543 times
I usually eat leftovers from dinner. Yesterday I had a small piece of fish and some cheese grits. The day before I had spaghetti. This morning I made two eggs and 1/2 an English muffin, but could only eat 1 egg and a couple of bites off the muffin. Earlier this week I had half of a kids meal burger. Last week I had Chinese food for breakfast almost every day as we had lots of leftovers.

Old 01-31-2015, 12:49 PM

894 posts, read 1,050,565 times
I'm not really a big breakfast person. I usually either do Greek yogurt with a little granola mixed in or I'll whip up a smoothie with a scoop of protein powder. I've always hated eggs and things like pancakes and waffles make me feel sluggish, so for me a lighter breakfast is better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink