Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 05:41 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Thank GOD my mom never used Miracle Whip, only mayo, in chicken salad, tuna salad, pasta salads, potato salads. Or sweet relish. Those two ingredients are my main reason for being wary of prepared salads I didn't make.
For that reason alone, I don't eat anyone's prepared salads without asking upfront if they used the goo (Miracle Whip). Sad fact is I haven't found one person yet that doesn't use goo in their salads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I don't mind picky eaters (I'm one myself), but I have taught my kids to be polite about it. One kid hates potatoes, another hates pasta, and another hates tomatoes. No biggie, just pick out the stuff you don't like and get over it.
Is it weird I can't eat a sliced tomatoes on a sandwich. It would have to be chopped or minced for me. This goes all the way back when I was a child and made to eat really thick sliced tomatoes at a daycare. I would purposely drink milk when I ate the tomatoes just so I couldn't taste it.

Old 02-11-2015, 05:52 AM

6,589 posts, read 4,977,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSmurf View Post
Is it weird I can't eat a sliced tomatoes on a sandwich. It would have to be chopped or minced for me. This goes all the way back when I was a child and made to eat really thick sliced tomatoes at a daycare. I would purposely drink milk when I ate the tomatoes just so I couldn't taste it.
Not weird, I absolutely hate tomatoes. Slimy things they are! I can deal with small diced ones if there is enough other things in the food. And tomato sauce is ok if it's not chunky with them. Chunky with meat is fine.

My mom luckily never used Miracle Whip and I don't even use mayo anymore. I don't have any condiments in my fridge at all!

Old 02-11-2015, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
Not weird, I absolutely hate tomatoes. Slimy things they are! I can deal with small diced ones if there is enough other things in the food. And tomato sauce is ok if it's not chunky with them. Chunky with meat is fine.

My mom luckily never used Miracle Whip and I don't even use mayo anymore. I don't have any condiments in my fridge at all!
Glad I am not the only one. I tend to make my own sauces,mayo now days

Old 02-11-2015, 06:13 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Sweet relish... I tasted it only once and was horrified at the experience of mixing something sweet with something savory. Just not my thing. I love pickles though, so I took to using minced dill pickles instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
oh yea, I forgot about the sweet relish, yes, she used that as well. So did my mom in law. Since we got married 57 years ago almost, I have never used sweet relish in anything except my home canned relish and we normally only have it on hot dogs or something like that.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:25 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSmurf View Post
For that reason alone, I don't eat anyone's prepared salads without asking upfront if they used the goo (Miracle Whip). Sad fact is I haven't found one person yet that doesn't use goo in their salads.
I even ask as restaurants...as especially in the south they use the mwhip.....which is the perfect way to ruin anything it touches in my opinion.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:18 AM

11,129 posts, read 9,764,095 times
Nothing. If I didn't like it, everybody knew.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:20 AM

11,129 posts, read 9,764,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
I even ask as restaurants...as especially in the south they use the mwhip.....which is the perfect way to ruin anything it touches in my opinion.
That's how I feel about all forms of mayo. I don't eat any potato or pasta salad with mayo. I have used very small amounts to thicken my coleslaw dressing, but I am talking about 1 tbsp. for an entire bowl of salad. I can't stand it on anything, even sandwiches. That slime is repulsive.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:23 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,737,643 times
Carne guisada. It had a good flavor to it, just that she used round steak instead of top sirloin. It was a little tough.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:40 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
That's how I feel about all forms of mayo. I don't eat any potato or pasta salad with mayo. I have used very small amounts to thicken my coleslaw dressing, but I am talking about 1 tbsp. for an entire bowl of salad. I can't stand it on anything, even sandwiches. That slime is repulsive.
Now I do love mayo...especially my mother's homemade tarargon mayo...but miracle whip is an abomination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink