Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 09:25 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,578,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Went to the bathroom and as I passed the kitchen, someone opened the door and I saw a busboy's tub of the little loaves of bread they served sitting ON THE FLOOR! Then, I get to the bathroom and there was a used tampon STUCK to the floor. It appeared to have been mopped over a number of times. Gag.
Disgusting! Which restaurant?

Old 03-31-2017, 10:23 AM

19,113 posts, read 25,305,043 times
A few years ago, in upscale Princeton, NJ, I was exiting from a parking garage when I noticed the following:

One of the restaurants that is adjacent to the parking garage has a back door that opens into the garage. Sitting just outside that door was a cart with rolled-up napkins and silverware that was mostly rolled inside the napkins. Just putting that stuff in the parking garage was bad enough, but then I noticed the pigeons perching above that spot, along with evidence of pigeon droppings.

That restaurant had been on my to-do list until I saw that graphic evidence of their very casual attitude toward cleanliness and disease control.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:01 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,095,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk4894 View Post
we have all had them , what are your worst experiences in Food Places?

i chocked on a chicken bone once in KFC.
My server ignoring me when I've needed a drink refill, then finally after waiting for 5 minutes I've politely asked my waitress that if she had a moment could she get me a refill and she just flat out yelled at me and copped an attitude at me and my face immediately turned red, I can swear I could hear fumes coming out of my ears, then when she gives me my lemonade she did apologize for lashing out at me but did have the nerve to tell me she didn't like me bothering her when she was being attentive towards other customers but I've waited until when she was done taking another customer's order, this happened at a Shari's Restaurant in Walla Walla.

Old 04-02-2017, 02:19 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,736,406 times
I'm either lucky or very insensitive, but I've never been sick from restaurant food. DID get sick from fish bought at Lucky's in Santa Monica years ago. Worst restaurant meal was from Ichiban in Albany NY. The tonkatsu was hard as a rock!

Old 04-04-2017, 02:07 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,132,426 times
My husband and I were in a Chinese restaurant, during daytime, in a super crowded, loud, and BRIGHTLY lit setting...and we saw roaches crawling all over the walls, tables, my husband warned me to not look down at the carpet...

I was so freaked out, I literally just grabbed my stuff, told my husband to get the waiter to pay the bill, dust any potential roaches off of him, and just meet me outside. Then I just booked it out that restaurant.

I go on yelp later, and lo and behold, SERIOUS roach infestation issues.

Old 04-04-2017, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxhd View Post
Ugh... seafood in South Korea. I don't eat seafood (aside from seaweed), and it was gross to watch. They brought out hongeohoe (skate flavored with its own urine), octopus tentacles that were climbing out of the bowl and slithering across the table, gaebul (a nasty worm that looks like part of the male anatomy, picture below), and a mixed pile of some kind of fish that had bladders in it. This guy put one in his mouth because he didn't believe me when I told him (though someone had told me before what it was) and I heard it burst in his mouth, and the look on his face was like he was going to puke all over the table. Ugh... anyway, here's that worm:
Why... what would possess you to post a picture of those disgusting worms!

Old 04-04-2017, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
Tongue in the USSR in 1978. It was disgusting.
In Soviet Russia, you do not taste the food, the food tastes you.

Old 04-04-2017, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renne Stone View Post
Mine was lima beans :S

I ate a big plate of them, liked them, but I must have been coming down with the stomach flu (as is common with 4 year old children/petri dishes) because right after dinner I went into the restroom and became violently ill for the next 3 days. Though completely illogical, both the sight and smell continue to provoke a gag reflex. I'm in my mid 20s now and I still cannot eat them.
Same thing with me, but with borscht. Except my aversion arises from when I was 5, and at a friend's house for dinner and a playdate. They were immigrants from Russia and served it, and I didn't want to eat it, so her parents scolded me and threatened to spank me. I didn't know what that meant, thought it meant they would put me in the oven and eat me or something lol.

So I forced it down so quickly (in tears) that I ended up later throwing up the borscht on her parents' bed.

To this day, the smell of borscht makes me nauseous.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:49 AM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Ordering pizza in Belgium. I'll never make that mistake again.
I've seen pizza parlors in Belgium & Luxembourg. My traveling companion wouldn't try it. I did see some American pizza chain stores. What's the indigenous pizza?

Last edited by southbound_295; 04-04-2017 at 11:02 AM..

Old 04-04-2017, 10:47 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
In Soviet Russia, you do not taste the food, the food tastes you.
That was when you could find food.

My Russian friends would jump into a line not knowing what they were going to find when they got into the grocery stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink