Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 08:34 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,157,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
There are people who don't love chocolate?
Yes, a few in the world, but we don't want to know them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 08:46 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,677,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I used to love those things back when I lived close to a TJ. I remember once a cashier picked up my bar, looked at it, gave me a funny look, and went on with her work. I knew exactly what she was thinking - I'm very overweight, I shouldn't be buying huge bars of chocolate ...... so I told her "I'm just holding it for a friend!" (the universal excuse of addicts when their stash is found).
The Bulldogdad goes Woof.

I hate people like that. I'm the guy that would have embarrassed her with some comment if I was in line and had caught it.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:46 PM

38,859 posts, read 22,845,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I used to love those things back when I lived close to a TJ. I remember once a cashier picked up my bar, looked at it, gave me a funny look, and went on with her work. I knew exactly what she was thinking - I'm very overweight, I shouldn't be buying huge bars of chocolate ...... so I told her "I'm just holding it for a friend!" (the universal excuse of addicts when their stash is found).
That reminds me of the original "Die Hard" movie starring Bruce Willis, in particular the scene of that heavy-set L.A.P.D. cop buying lots of Hostess goodies like Twinkies. When he was paying for them, the checker gave him a strange look. The cop said that they were for his wife.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:47 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,677,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis P View Post
That reminds me of the original "Die Hard" movie starring Bruce Willis, in particular the scene of that heavy-set L.A.P.D. cop buying lots of Hostess goodies like Twinkies. When he was paying for them, the checker gave him a strange look. The cop said that they were for his wife.
That was a great scene and a good action movie.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:48 PM

38,859 posts, read 22,845,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
I don't trust anyone who doesn't love chocolate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
There are people who don't love chocolate?
Believe it or not, yes, there are actually people who don't love chocolate! My dad is one of them. I'm glad I didn't inherit his dislike of chocolate.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:05 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,157,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis P View Post
Believe it or not, yes, there are actually people who don't love chocolate! My dad is one of them. I'm glad I didn't inherit his dislike of chocolate.
Yes, that chocolate hating gene is a gene you don't want to inherit. Your dad is missing out, maybe he just never had a really good chocolate bar or the ones he tried were not the best quality. Chocolate is so delicious and it makes you happy, too! It raises your serotonin levels without medication!

Old 03-11-2015, 12:01 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,213,865 times
Aldi has some fabulous Belgian chocolate bars also. The one in the purple box with raisins and nuts is AAA+.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:29 AM

24,507 posts, read 33,292,783 times
I do like the TJ chocolate but my favorite is still Cadbury Milk Chocolate.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:53 AM

23 posts, read 52,725 times
Love them! I melt it down for chocolate ganache frosting for cupcakes. Love that Cook's Illustrated recipe. It is called "Really Good Cupcakes" - and they are.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:11 AM

6,224 posts, read 6,606,675 times
Hey all, TJ's chocolates seem to have the highest levels of either lead or cadmium from reviews I've seen. I was a fan of their cocoa powder for yrs but stopped due to this just now. Ok, just fyi & unsure how true it all is but lead, cadmium & other metals are too high in many TJ's chocolates. Hope someone can add/clarify this info I've found.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink