Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 09:22 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times

Advertisements

My favorite food truck here is one run by a Mediterranean restaurant, and it's pretty healthy. I would definitely patronize one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 09:44 PM

950 posts, read 923,628 times
I got an idea far more people would answer "yes" than actually support a truck with their purchases.

Many a new business went belly up because they started a business people told them was needed, yet they didn't put their money where their mouth is.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:53 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I like how you think sheena, thank you for a vote of confidence. We moved here a few months ago and there is actually a place called Lux nearby (a coffee and pastry shop); that name is very catchy.

I know a lot of people who would be turned off by the idea of healthy food have never tried it, or have never tried it done right. I'm married to someone like that, so I know tasting is key to changing someone's mind (samples). It's all about the psychology of eating healthy without it tasting healthy. I think Americans are almost past the indulgence stage because we are informed enough to know what a bad diet does to our bodies and are living it as a society because of the health care costs and quality of life. It won't be so much a novelty anymore but a way of life.

The key to low cost is as few ingredients as possible, and a lot of flavor w/o calories for example spice in place of bad fat. So many ideas, sheena's enthusiasm is contagious

I eat healthy and it isn't all the over priced organic non real food poo spewed everywhere either.
I have lost a total of 500 pounds by eating a balanced diet and walking daily without the tasteless "healthy" non food.

It is real food that is accounted for according to dietary guidelines daily.
Mr. CSD is diabetic I have to be very careful with his dietary needs as well.

I have tried different "healthy" foods and I would starve to death if that was my only option, there is no flavor and according to my taste buds it will never be "done right".
Kind of like all of the fish or deer meat that hundreds of people have told me "You will love how I make this fish or deer because I "do it right". Yeah, okay, it still tastes like fish and deer meat neither of which I can stand.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:37 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,653,739 times
Yes. I would. Do it!

Old 03-30-2015, 10:55 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,471,139 times
One need strike a balance between the benefits of the healthy food vs the consequences of the hours of extra labor required procure that food.

Most people who can afford to eat high end foods don't eat out of a truck.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:51 AM

1,188 posts, read 1,464,114 times
I get "the whole bowl" in Portland whenever I'm there.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:02 AM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺B☺s View Post
One need strike a balance between the benefits of the healthy food vs the consequences of the hours of extra labor required procure that food.

That's ridiculous! Every time I eat out - or need to eat out - while shopping, walking, exploring shops, attending outdoor events - I don't want to pay $20 - $25. But I still want to eat healthy, tasty quality food.

What is wrong with eating well prepared, healthy food that is sold "out of a truck"?

Say I am strolling around an antiques or crafts fair. I'm there to shop, not dine. It would be nice if more people had a $5 - $8 lunch that was healthy and portable. You want to walk around, not sit at a table.

People who are heath conscious - vegetarian, gluten free, weight conscious or are avoiding GMOs or some combination (and there is a lot of cross over) are not all snobbish or elitist. We are also a bit non conformist. I'd rather spend money at a local business than a major chain.

Plus I just think the whole idea is cool!

Old 03-31-2015, 08:17 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,100 times
To answer the OP, most definitely. I always try to eat healthy. When I'm out, I always look for fast food/quick food (i.e., not restaurants where you have to sit down) places that offer healthy alternatives. There unfortunately aren't that many, so if a truck offered food like this in my area & was convenient, I would be all over it like white on rice.

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 03-31-2015 at 08:25 AM..

Old 03-31-2015, 09:31 AM

25 posts, read 18,566 times
Yes, I certainly would.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:43 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺B☺s View Post
My husband worked downtown for a couple of years. He could afford to eat anywhere he liked, but his preference was to grab something from a food truck, so he could spend the rest of his lunch walking the 16th Street Mall, enjoying the sights and stretching his legs. I think food trucks work very well in those settings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink