Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2015, 09:46 AM

2,645 posts, read 3,330,138 times

Advertisements

This thread really needs to be on the Psychology forum so the professionals could weigh in.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:48 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think you need to do some self-examination. That's not a normal perception in such a situation, and I think you already know that. You seem to read odd things into people's innocent words and behavior. It's not them.
I'm reminded of a line from a TV show: "Did you grow up in the woods? Are you Nell? From the movie Nell?"

It's the only explanation I can think of for why the OP is having such agita over normal human pleasantries.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:18 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
Just wondering what you think about this. So these two women are being nice to this one guy. They offer him several options for breakfast. He declines both. No problem though as they were just being nice to him. Some have suggested that maybe these two women are interested in him. My thought is that maybe the sister of the one might just be single. Maybe this guy is single as well. Maybe, like many woman are apt to do, they are trying to set up the single guy with the single woman. Who knows. I wish I had more information on the two in question, but I do not. One thing I have learned from being a guy and watching guys react to women. We are about as bright as a burnt out candle when it comes to how womes try to get our attention. When guys think that women are interested they are just being nice, in fact this could be that same scenario. When girls are chasing men many times the men don't get it. Women have so much more going on in those heads of theirs than us guys do. We are the clueless ones here.

My take on this. You have a guy that is married and he has a good friend. They are golf buddies. I would bet that they spend time doing other things, maybe watch a game, maybe drink some cold ones. Who knows. The married guy has a sister. I would bet that the two of them were talking. They seem to be close like sisters are apt to be. I would go so far as to think that the sister who is probably single and the sister that is married were talking about how they could find a nice guy that likes to hang out with the husband of the married sister so they can spend even more time together. Oh and since the married guy may have a single friend lets start with those guys first.

To the OP. Your move.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:50 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,817,730 times
Is this thread still a thing? Seventeen pages and climbing? Really?

Old 04-07-2015, 10:54 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,973,084 times
Why would they do this?!?! Why would they tell him they have english muffins and peach jelly?!?!

WHY?

WHY?

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

...why?

Old 04-07-2015, 11:18 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams_aj View Post
Is this thread still a thing? Seventeen pages and climbing? Really?
I don't understand either. Why do some of these ridiculous threads go one forever and some of the threads that seem very important ie, "What is the meaning of life?" only garner one or two replies?

Old 04-07-2015, 11:33 AM

2,645 posts, read 3,330,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I don't understand either. Why do some of these ridiculous threads go one forever and some of the threads that seem very important ie, "What is the meaning of life?" only garner one or two replies?
I can only speak for myself, but I enjoy threads like this because I find the human psyche fascinating. The issues the OP has with customs the vast majority of American's wouldn't bat an eyelash at is a curiosity that rivals the old days of carnival side shows. But then again, I tune into programs like Hoarders too, so consider the source.

Take that and the fact that I adore sarcasm and this is a virtual C-D ice cream sundae!

Old 04-07-2015, 11:34 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
They have an obsession for English muffins and peach jelly and had to tell anyone/everyone they knew right away about it.
They talk non-stop about breakfast w/ anyone passing by.
They just canned their own peach jelly and wanted to tell someone what they were eating and how good it was.
They had nothing else to say that came to mind at the moment.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Hey on a side note, I am friends with Nicole Johnson, she drives the Scooby Do monster truck.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:39 AM

Do you think that the OP would have said yes if they had offered a differant kind of jelly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink