Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-14-2006, 10:24 AM
 
1,104 posts, read 3,339,735 times
Reputation: 641

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
I eat them the same way but sometimes (because I have a sweet tooth) I add brown sugar and cinnamon sugar!

Sorry Grammy I know you don't approve of my sugar intake. I will try to add less sugar to all my meals!
Oh please. I'm the queen of sugar intake. My daughter's tell me the only reason I eat dinner is so I can get to dessert. I was just surprised that everyone added "sweet" to sweet potatoes.
You eat them however you want, Isabella, because obviously the sugar is working. From the posts I read, I imagine you're a very sweet person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-14-2006, 11:00 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
5,297 posts, read 6,301,702 times
Reputation: 8185
Alright y'all are making me hungry,I need to work on my list. I bought the turkey yesterday before they all got picked over,that happened to me last year.I just love the leftovers..yummy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2006, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Chattanooga TN
2,349 posts, read 10,678,902 times
Reputation: 1250
Thank you Grammy! I forgot the BUTTER! Lotsa BUTTER! Now I sound like Paula Dean bless her heart!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2006, 11:21 AM
 
Location: Springfield, Missouri
2,815 posts, read 13,006,046 times
Reputation: 2000001497
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
Thank you Grammy! I forgot the BUTTER! Lotsa BUTTER! Now I sound like Paula Dean bless her heart!
Isn't Paula Dean that lady in South Carolina with the cooking show? If that's the same lady, I can't imagine how Americans take her advice and avoid blocked arteries, obesity, trans-fats, etc. She's a big woman (quel surprise!), her husband is expanding rapidly, and her two sons are on their way to obesity. I can't watch her without thinking..."Lady...yer killin' yourself".
I like Rachael Ray. She cooks healthily and her recipes are yummers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2006, 03:24 PM
 
Location: Just a few miles outside of St. Louis
1,921 posts, read 5,632,235 times
Reputation: 1251
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Isn't Paula Dean that lady in South Carolina with the cooking show? If that's the same lady, I can't imagine how Americans take her advice and avoid blocked arteries, obesity, trans-fats, etc. She's a big woman (quel surprise!), her husband is expanding rapidly, and her two sons are on their way to obesity. I can't watch her without thinking..."Lady...yer killin' yourself".
I like Rachael Ray. She cooks healthily and her recipes are yummers.
Aww, MoMark, lighten up! Seriously, I like Rachel Ray well enough, but I prefer Paula Deen. I know, I know, she cooks with alot of butter, but I don't use her recipes all the time,(although I have three of her cookbooks, and I enjoy using them. Of course, living in the South causes me to lean in her direction, I suppose). Now, if any of Rachel Ray's cookbooks come in a spiral-bound/comb-bound, I would be more likely to try one. I usually won't buy a cookbook unless it comes that way. They are much easier to use. As to Thanksgiving, I'm sorry, but I will be using my butter. Butter to rub down the turkey prior to cooking, butter for the mashed potatos, rolls, and corn...all of my eating and most of my baking, (remember my chocolate chip cookies?), is done with butter! I don't allow margarine or any such thing in my house. It just doesn't taste right. But, if it means anything, neither I nor my family is the size of the Deen family. And, I eat alot of salads and fruit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2006, 05:07 PM
 
1,104 posts, read 3,339,735 times
Reputation: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Aww, MoMark, lighten up! Seriously, I like Rachel Ray well enough, but I prefer Paula Deen. I know, I know, she cooks with alot of butter, but I don't use her recipes all the time,(although I have three of her cookbooks, and I enjoy using them. Of course, living in the South causes me to lean in her direction, I suppose). Now, if any of Rachel Ray's cookbooks come in a spiral-bound/comb-bound, I would be more likely to try one. I usually won't buy a cookbook unless it comes that way. They are much easier to use. As to Thanksgiving, I'm sorry, but I will be using my butter. Butter to rub down the turkey prior to cooking, butter for the mashed potatos, rolls, and corn...all of my eating and most of my baking, (remember my chocolate chip cookies?), is done with butter! I don't allow margarine or any such thing in my house. It just doesn't taste right. But, if it means anything, neither I nor my family is the size of the Deen family. And, I eat alot of salads and fruit!
Margarine is one molecule away from being plastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2006, 05:57 PM
 
46 posts, read 200,324 times
Reputation: 27
Anyone have a brocolli chicken caserole dish recipe . My great aunt use to make it. (so good). or Any other good caserole dishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2006, 06:42 PM
 
Location: Traverse City, MI
622 posts, read 2,714,069 times
Reputation: 393
Glad you asked! Here is a broccoli casserole dish fromthe food network that I am trying this year:



2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
*although I would probably use fresh, much tastier!
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated sharp cheddar
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups crushed crackers
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray.


In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, mayonnaise, cheese, soup and eggs. Place the mixture in the prepared baking dish. Top with the crushed crackers and pour the melted butter evenly over the crackers. Bake for 35 minutes or until set and browned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2006, 09:31 PM
 
46 posts, read 200,324 times
Reputation: 27
Mariatherese
Thank you very much. I admit i'm not a good cook. Don't tell anyone. I guess it skipped my generation. My grandma's and aunts were fantastic cooks.
This recipe looks simple enough for (me) .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2006, 09:51 PM
 
Location: Traverse City, MI
622 posts, read 2,714,069 times
Reputation: 393
you're welcome. oh btw i would personally use ritz crackers. they seem to have a good, buttery flavor for baking... if you arent concerned about healthy eating as much as yummy eating that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top