Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 11:13 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,124,244 times

Advertisements

Here are some easy things to make with chicken:

Chicken fajitas -- sliced chicken breast seasoned with chili powder, salt, and cooked with onions and peppers.

Enchilada Casserole -- buy a rotisserie chicken, take the meat off the bone and shred it. In a casserole dish put a layer of corn tortillas topped by chicken, shredded cheese, chopped onions, and pour some enchilada sauce over the top. Do the same with 1 - 2 more layers. Top with corn tortillas, shredded cheese, onion and sauce. Bake for 30 - 40 min at 350 degrees.

Find recipes for chicken kebabs, bbq chicken, and chicken teriyaki and vegetables.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 01:03 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Chicken Tacos.
Also, breakfast for dinner--waffles, pancakes, French toast w/ side of applesauce.
Omelet or scrambled eggs, vegie sausage w/ biscuits.

Old 05-09-2015, 01:28 PM

505 posts, read 716,666 times
Make whatever you want for meat and cut his off the bone before you serve it.

Tell him to cook his own food, why are women the designated chefs?

Old 05-09-2015, 01:50 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,763,177 times
Two of my favorite chicken dishes:

- Tarragon chicken with Béarnaise sauce
- Tofu and chicken with lots of vegetables stir-fry

Because you are preparing the meals, don't tell him that there is tofu in the stir-fry until he starts raving about how delicious it was.

Old 05-09-2015, 02:27 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,238,105 times
Make a good home-made jerk sauce (soy sauce, worchestershire, good quality ketchup, brown sugar, olive oil, fresh thyme, ground allspice, nutmeg,garlic powder,ground ginger, cayenne), marinate the breasts overnight and jerk them in the oven, 35 min @ 450F.

Tastes better with bone-in thighs, but it sounds as if your husband is as picky and child-like as my wife is.

Old 05-09-2015, 06:36 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue View Post
Make whatever you want for meat and cut his off the bone before you serve it.

Tell him to cook his own food, why are women the designated chefs?
Well he works all day, I am at home all day so I cook. It is the least I can do.

Old 05-09-2015, 07:55 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,402,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
DUMP HIM! Life is too short...
LOL OMG yes. I'd never let my daughter live with a guy and cook like this. Unless he was going to support her and she did not have to work. Maybe the OP's bf is like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Well he works all day, I am at home all day so I cook. It is the least I can do.
LOL OK my bad. Cook whatever he wants. My suggestion is thai green curry. You can make this with chicken breast. Also you need to make sure you eat some seafood, I think. No matter what he eats.

Old 05-09-2015, 08:04 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
LOL OMG yes. I'd never let my daughter live with a guy and cook like this. Unless he was going to support her and she did not have to work. Maybe the OP's bf is like this?

LOL OK my bad. Cook whatever he wants. My suggestion is thai green curry. You can make this with chicken breast. Also you need to make sure you eat some seafood, I think. No matter what he eats.
Yes. I do not work. I take care of the house, he takes care of me! It works for us. I am able to work for about four months at a time if I am lucky, so it is best for me to just not work.

Like this, I just do all of our errands and take care of the house. I am able to volunteer to help animals and the elderly, and now homeless outreach.

I do what I can to give to the community.

Lots of good ideas that I am going to try. Some days I do just cook what I like and he eats a bowl of cereal or a pb&j!

Old 05-10-2015, 05:35 AM

2 posts, read 1,274 times
Thanks all for your useful reply. Tonight I am going to make Chinese New Year Whole Fish (Snapper). This meal is really delicious and amazing! I learned it from the team building cooking classes of Sachie's Kitchen last month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink