Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 05:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Happy Mom's day to all you moms and to all you kids who have made us moms; thanks.

So now, who is cooking and what are you having?

We are having brisket and bbq chicken. I am also making a plate of veggies and fruit. The kids are bringing the rest. We ended up doing the brisket partly in the oven and will finish it on the smoker, which has been moved to the garage. Spoiled brat will take care of it. I made the bbq sause and did the rub. He puts it on the smoker or I guess I should say in the smoker. He also takes care of the water and wood chips. Then when it is done he brings it in. This is his idea of doing the whole thing. It is ok, he thinks he is really fixing it and I just smile.

Oh, and there will be 12 of us this year: we used to have 11, but now we have Reagan, our 6 week old great granddaughter. I doubt she will eat much. Next year we will have another great, great. I think that is the end for awhile. If the family gets much larger, we wont' be able to continue hosting anying. Of course, the little ones, who love to run all over the place are going to be shut up today: the weather sucks!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2015, 03:55 PM

4,693 posts, read 3,473,160 times
Well Happy Momma's Day to you! We spent the day visting different relatives, shopping for the garden and managed to stop by a lake and get some swimming in. Busy, busy and hot day ( feels like 90°) here. I always find it funny when we have hotter weather then states south of us.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:17 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
I didn't cook anything. My son and I went to a roadhouse in the sticks and: ate sandwiches, had a couple of drinks and played pool. It was a terrific day.

Happy Mother's Day ladies!

Old 05-11-2015, 12:03 AM

3,125 posts, read 3,023,509 times
My mom wanted pizza for mother's day, so we picked up a pizza and took it to her house.

Old 05-11-2015, 04:04 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,250,361 times
We had sandwich cake Smörgåstårta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and a big gluten free layered cream cake both made by the bakery so no one needed to cook and spent it with my OH's grandma (and took her to the graveyard to visit her mother's grave and put some roses on it)

Old 05-11-2015, 09:52 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
We had a quiet day. I cooked, including baking a pie, but hubby did all the dishes on Mothers Day.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:17 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
We had lla good day, but very tired. Spoiled brat just finished cleaning up the kitchen a few minutes ago. With daughter on crutches, one granddaughter with a new baby, one about to have her baby and husbands that are good dad's but not to good about helping, most of the work was left to speiled brat and me. One granddughter did help get dinner started and actually made a drink for her mom and brought me more than one glass of wine. All in all, nothing is more fun then having the kids around. That being said, I am looking forward to a good nights sleep tonight.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:25 PM

1,013 posts, read 1,421,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Happy Mom's day to all you moms and to all you kids who have made us moms; thanks.

So now, who is cooking and what are you having?

We are having brisket and bbq chicken. I am also making a plate of veggies and fruit. The kids are bringing the rest. We ended up doing the brisket partly in the oven and will finish it on the smoker, which has been moved to the garage. Spoiled brat will take care of it. I made the bbq sause and did the rub. He puts it on the smoker or I guess I should say in the smoker. He also takes care of the water and wood chips. Then when it is done he brings it in. This is his idea of doing the whole thing. It is ok, he thinks he is really fixing it and I just smile.

Oh, and there will be 12 of us this year: we used to have 11, but now we have Reagan, our 6 week old great granddaughter. I doubt she will eat much. Next year we will have another great, great. I think that is the end for awhile. If the family gets much larger, we wont' be able to continue hosting anying. Of course, the little ones, who love to run all over the place are going to be shut up today: the weather sucks!!!!!
How do you cook your brisket? Your menu sounds wonderful.

Old 05-11-2015, 02:25 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,426,121 times
Happy Belated Mother's day. I don't have kids but I am a godmother to my nephew so I guess that counts. I hope everyone enjoyed the day, I know I did. We had a BBQ at my mom's. I made, pasta salad, tossed salad with dried cranberries, gorgonzola, chick peas and olives, I also made spinach dip. We had hamburgers and hot dogs and quiche.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:37 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Thanks! My son took me to one of my favorite roadhouse dives where I ate an outrageously delicious BLT, drank a couple of beers and played pool. Well, he played pool and I just poked at the balls on the table. I had a great time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink