Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 01:19 AM

6,768 posts, read 5,481,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Uggghhhhhh/aaaarrrggghhhhh. My mother would make it at LEAST twice a month, and sometimes every week. "It's goood for you! Eat it!" Gag. I tried. Couldn't do it then, can't do it now.

Chicken livers, another story. Love them.

But on topic, I cant think of anything that I used to eat that I won't eat now.
Calves liver is far better than Beef liver. More tender, and still if not cooked right {about 3 minutes seared on each side with a splash of water to finish it off} WILL come out like shoe leather, the most common reason people don't like liver, the second being the texture.

But, we think it is DELICIOUS! especially smothered in onions, with about 4 strips of bacon on top,and the obligatory dollop of sour cream high atop to finish it off!

YUM!

Chicken livers, YUM, we both fight over who gets to eat the liver, so I will often buy a tub 'o' livers {chickens} to go with the roasted chicken.

We WON"T eat Ramen noodles anymore after the footage of the video of them NOT being digestable.

ANd I won't eat another item mentioned, is Vienna sausage or the like....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 12:47 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times
Head cheese. As fussy an eater as I was as a kid, I actually ate that!

Also, chicken necks.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:50 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,405,045 times
Subway sandwiches. I used to eat them all the time - then I worked for a place that had a Subway on the premises. I think what turned me off to it was that there was one girl behind the counter who came in sick and was wiping her nose with the back of her sleeve while she was making the sandwiches. Blah!

Old 08-09-2015, 10:30 AM

4,658 posts, read 3,654,775 times
Simply chicken nuggets!!! Used to LIKED them as a kid but now i despise them!

Other foods :

Chicken legs
Beef ligament

Old 08-09-2015, 05:21 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,755,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
Clams on the half shell.... How did I ever eat them??
Raw hamburger...
Chicken livers and gizzards...
Soft boiled eggs...
OMG yum and YUM, let me at it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Braunschwager (sic?) other wise known as Liverworst. I loved this in a sandwich as a kid until I got sick on it once. It was probably a mild case of food poisoning but I haven't touched one since.
I am currently working on some this week, a guilty pleasure about once a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
Calves liver is far better than Beef liver. More tender, and still if not cooked right {about 3 minutes seared on each side with a splash of water to finish it off} WILL come out like shoe leather, the most common reason people don't like liver, the second being the texture.

But, we think it is DELICIOUS! especially smothered in onions, with about 4 strips of bacon on top,and the obligatory dollop of sour cream high atop to finish it off!

YUM!

Chicken livers, YUM, we both fight over who gets to eat the liver, so I will often buy a tub 'o' livers {chickens} to go with the roasted chicken.

We WON"T eat Ramen noodles anymore after the footage of the video of them NOT being digestable.

YUM! I have never heard of liver with sour cream, I MUST try it!!!!!!

Good to know about ramen, gave it up years ago!!!!!

Old 08-09-2015, 05:39 PM

135 posts, read 258,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Head cheese. As fussy an eater as I was as a kid, I actually ate that!

Also, chicken necks.
When I was little, my grandmother loved chicken necks and she could suck one dry. I decided I loved them too, and where I lived, you could buy whole packs of chicken necks for crabbing. I used to buy a big bag of them, boil them and eat them. Haven't had a neck in a long time, because I usually only buy leg quarters or breasts now, but I'm craving some. I wonder if you can buy them in packs like neck bones?

Old 08-09-2015, 05:40 PM

135 posts, read 258,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post

YUM!

ANd I won't eat another item mentioned, is Vienna sausage or the like....

I love liver and onions with mashed potatoes. Never had calves liver, because I refuse to eat baby animals after seeing how they are raised, but I do love beef and chicken livers, fried up all crispy. Yummy!

Old 08-10-2015, 08:18 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,158,411 times
Pork rinds and a can of coke.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:22 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,729,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
Pork rinds and a can of coke.
Yummy

Old 08-11-2015, 08:15 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,755,919 times
love pork rinds, carb free!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink