Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 10:51 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,878,349 times

Advertisements

One cup of coffee in the morning and then water with some sort of extremely mild flavoring throughout the day with tons of ice. By flavoring I mean a squirt of lemon juice, a quick dip of a tea bag (herbal too!) or about 1/2 a cup of flavored seltzer to 3 cups of water.

Every Thursday I have a large diet coke from a fast food joint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 10:51 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,605,052 times
Diet Coke.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:10 AM

6,769 posts, read 5,484,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
We go through a lot of liquid here at the house, and I detest tap water (even filtered water has an aftertaste that really creeps me out).

The kids and I drank a lot of bottled water and flavored water in the past, a glass or two of diet soda a day. DH goes through an inhuman amount of diet soda. Then dh lost his job and money got tight... I started brewing iced tea - then started having issues (apparently, a gallon of iced tea a day, even unsweetened, can hurt your kidneys). DH and the kids have been drinking sugar free generic koolaid - so I made the switch too.

WOW! Sugar free kool aid flavors have certainly come a long way. The kids and hubs prefer fruit punch, but this cherry-pom mix I bought is knocking my socks off!

What do y'all drink all day long? And how much do you drink in liquids each day? I drink about a gallon of liquid a day. (I know that's not typical, but I do phone work which causes dry mouth and am on a medication that acts like a diuretic)
We have city water, and it has what I think is an inordinate amount of chlorine in it. Especially seeing as how the *well* that services us is so close by. Chlorine literally makes me vomit! SO I won't drink it.

TRY getting yourself a ZERO WATER pitcher/filter. It removes the most chlorine/gunk of ANY pitcher I know of. And I have tried them all. It has a 5-stage filtration filter, and filters relatively faster than the Brita. {ZERO WATER is available at Walmart, where I bought mine}

https://www.zerowater.com/

I drink a LOT of water, and throw in the occasional gatorade or other sports drink each day, to replace the "good stuff" when I sweat.

I USED to drink a lot of iced tea, but it makes me go more...AND I QUICKLY learned NOT to drink it while on the road...It runs right through me. ;-)

I also take some medications that do cause a dry mouth, so I probably drink more water than I actually need.

I DO ALSO keep a few of those little bottles of "water flavor squirters" on hand, for a different "taste" to the water. Some don't taste so great, though.

Old 07-24-2015, 04:17 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,038,049 times
I tend to drink water but I am still looking for the perfect flavoring. Maybe I'll try the splash of herbal tea in it.

Old 07-24-2015, 04:19 AM

117 posts, read 92,663 times
Only fresh water and coffee too.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:01 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,422,257 times
I drink alot of water, in the late afternoon when I am home I will make a small pot of coffee..
Sometimes while in the market I see the check-out cooler and think to myself that a Pepsi will be nice..
Then I buy it, open it and take 3 or four sips and it just does not taste good anymore..

Old 07-24-2015, 10:58 AM

607 posts, read 602,015 times
Ice water. Room temperature water makes me nauseated. It has to be ice water - with lime, even better. Sometimes I'll add frozen fruit to give it yummy flavor.

In the morning I always have iced coffee - even in cold weather, I always have iced coffee. Stroooooong iced coffee, with raw maple syrup and some half and half. YUM. But other than that, throughout the day, I just drink ice water...I used to drink soda, and occasionally I'll have one if I'm having pizza or a burger, but other than that I don't drink it. I used to drink it regularly, though - blech. Not anymore.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:39 AM

321 posts, read 292,662 times
one cup of coffee then just water

until beer o'clock

Old 07-24-2015, 11:44 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,559,149 times
My husband loves the squirty "flavor enhancers" in a glass of water. I think they're gross. A squeeze of real lemon, or some mint leaves? Much better.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:46 PM

607 posts, read 602,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
My husband loves the squirty "flavor enhancers" in a glass of water. I think they're gross. A squeeze of real lemon, or some mint leaves? Much better.
Ooooh I LOVE mint leaves in water. Ice water with mint leaves & lime = delicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink