Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2020, 06:11 PM

32,765 posts, read 35,979,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Actually, I'll be trying something called Crab Fries that was in Parade a few weeks ago. You take a 32-oz bag of crinkle-cut French fries baked and tossed in Old Bay, and dip them in white queso dip. Supposedly from some football stadium in Baltimore. It sounds terribly unhealthy and I'm sure I will love it.
I'll eat anything dipped in a hot cheese-like sauce. Healthy food is for the day after the Superbowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2020, 08:00 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,000,918 times
I think I am going to go with a tri-tip coleslaw topped sliders for our main dish.
2 bites if that at most.
Coleslaw will be home made as well as the meat.
Buns are yet to be decided.
Similar to a Hawaiian bun,
but I’m not quite sold on those yet.

We should have a good half dozen appetizers .
I’m still not set on my appies.
Wings, calamari, chips, fruit, stuffed tater skins, cheeses and veggies w/dip are leading the race.
I also make a good “dirty” mashed potato side dish that rocks.

I am also so, so overly done with shrimp platters and plates , so no to shrimp for us at all.
Top shelf wines and beverages will be there.
Pretty small group.
Less than a dozen of us.
Dungeness crab entries are also enticing if fresh.
Oysters and an oyster bar might work as well.

Even though the food isn’t a “walk through the park” it is the easy part of it.
The hard part is making sure everybody is totally interested and involved With the event.

We also do cheap some ass gambling games as well to increase the group participation .
What do you guys do?

Andy.

Old 01-31-2020, 08:14 PM

3,603 posts, read 9,015,315 times
I'll be working but we'll have the game on, by the time I get home to make dinner it will be pretty much over but I'm still making nachos, well because why not.

Old 01-31-2020, 09:09 PM

51,584 posts, read 25,506,905 times
Bringing wings to the potluck for the first time. Found a baked recipe that uses non-aluminum baking powder to make them crispy crispy.

Can't decide whether to cover them in the three sauces before I bring them. Or use the sauces as dip.

Also buckeye bars.

Old 01-31-2020, 10:24 PM

3,128 posts, read 2,220,179 times
I will only get to watch the 2nd half, so there will be less food than normal. Wings, chips and salsa, and cheeses is about all.

Old 01-31-2020, 10:48 PM

19,295 posts, read 9,397,431 times
DH got couple pkgs of wings - spicy buffalo style and not so spicy for me. Also some shrimp. Not sure what he's going to choose for his beer that day. Shrimp is an appetizer. Maybe we'll cut up some carrots and celery too.

Dessert: Currently remains unknown. Perhaps a slice of tiramisu, if I can find it at my bakery.

Don't have a dog in this game but in a way, would it be nice if KC won but then again, ... Jimmy G is now on 49's. Well, may the best team win.

I've heard some people just watch it for the commercials and others tune in to the Puppy Bowl. Gotta look for a spare remote

Old 02-01-2020, 06:43 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,140,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Going to a pot luck at the clubhouse, I will just take deviled eggs, as when we went to the last pot luck, (playoff game) the place was overloaded with pizza, fried chicken, chips, dips & sandwiches. I often make chicken to take, but as our team is in the SB, I know there will be way too much food, so I want to take some simple finger foods.

Anyhow, GO NINERS!!
Always a good bet: deviled eggs are relatively healthy and are a switch from chips,dips, wings, and high carb dishes. Not that I don't love to splurge on naughty foods from time to time, but it is good to have a few healthy choices. Not to mention, deviled eggs are easy and inexpensive to prepare.

Go Chiefs!!!!

Old 02-01-2020, 07:32 AM

1,180 posts, read 1,664,735 times
Wife will be cooking two types of wings, BBQ and Jerk. Also slow cooked BBQ pork ribs. We have about Five types of chips from Doritos, sourdough pretzels, crunchy cheese curls, ridged potatoe chips for dip Trader Joes cheese puffs (like Pirate Booty). Two homemade dips and salsa and wife is also making turkey burger sliders for those on a health kick. Likely some fresh sliced veggies. Beer and Scotch to wash it down.

Old 02-01-2020, 07:42 AM

67,666 posts, read 60,237,699 times
Love me some football, and Patrick Mahomes is from here (we call him MaHomie) so it's a pretty big deal. He played high school football here.

Anyway, going to spend the evening with some friends and I'm bringing the fixin's for nachos - we're going to have a nacho bar. WOOHOOO!!!!!! Go, Chiefs!

Also, chips and beer and some sort of dessert - not sure on any of that other stuff because I'm not bringing it.

My team (the Saints) isn't playing so other than the feels for MaHomie, I really don't care who wins but most people around here are definitely for the Chiefs. We'll see! I actually think the 49ers are a better team overall but anything can happen!

We won't do any betting but since there are some other football fans there, we will definitely be watching the game in earnest!

Old 02-01-2020, 07:45 AM

4,669 posts, read 3,426,799 times
Oh boy there is some seriously good food going on in this thread!

We are staying home. It's just too late on a work/school night. I don't think my 13 year old will watch with us. He really only likes baseball. He's a Red Sox fan just like his Momma. The eight year will watch and ask a million and six questions.

For food I know my husband is making a baked seven layer dip. I stopped into Gala Foods (i walk by on my way home everyday) and picked up a box of frozen beef empadillas, Kikuet brand. I think I might fry those up too and serve with oranges. I already bought me some Harp Lager to drink.

I have walked by Gala Foods twice a day since October. I finally went inside to shop. It is my new food obsession! It's a small inner city chain of grocery stores catering to carribean/Latin American customers. https://www.galasupermarkets.com/bri...t-main/aboutus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink