Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 07:40 AM

40 posts, read 44,537 times

Advertisements

I like the Onion Rings at Burger King but can't get over how terrible the service is. The staff looks like they are straight from a homeless shelter. They look terrible and I feel sorry for them.

On the other hand, the staff at Chick Fill A are incredibly sharp. I understand both chains pay the staff about the same rate of pay.

Do you have any opinion about which fast food restaurants have the best and worst staff (Customer Service)?

Old 09-01-2015, 07:43 AM

380 posts, read 430,926 times
Up in Canada I feel the worst service I've received, overall, have been at KFC, but I do not necessarily fault the staff. I feel like management under-staffs some of these stores greatly. In Toronto, the McDonald's at Dufferin and King is probably the one single franchise with the worse service I've ever seen.

Best service? I dunno really to be honest. Nothing in terms of fast food service has ever stood out to me.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:01 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
To answer the OP's question, I would have to say that the staff at Chik Fil A is definitely the tops in service and efficiency. Whataburger is pretty close as is Culvers.

At the bottom end, Burger King is the worst. I was trying to think of any other chain that comes close but they are in a league by itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willg View Post
Up in Canada I feel the worst service I've received, overall, have been at KFC, but I do not necessarily fault the staff. I feel like management under-staffs some of these stores greatly. In Toronto, the McDonald's at Dufferin and King is probably the one single franchise with the worse service I've ever seen.

Best service? I dunno really to be honest. Nothing in terms of fast food service has ever stood out to me.

The place that I do not understand in Canada is Tim Horton's.

You head to one of their stores in the US and they will have seven employees in the early AM. You cross into Ontario, you have seven employees even though they are doing 3-4x the sales volume in the Canadian store. I will credit Canadians for their patience as they will wait patiently in a line that is 20-30 people deep. I won't

Old 09-01-2015, 09:03 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
When you consider that most franchise locations are owned by franchisees, rather than by the corporate parent, I think it is a stretch to say that any one chain has consistently better or consistently worse service.

What the owner of one (or ten, or twenty) locations might do in terms of supervising his/her employees and in terms of enforcing good standards of customer service is likely to be different from what the owner of other locations might do.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:11 AM

4,385 posts, read 4,389,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
When you consider that most franchise locations are owned by franchisees, rather than by the corporate parent, I think it is a stretch to say that any one chain has consistently better or consistently worse service.

What the owner of one (or ten, or twenty) locations might do in terms of supervising his/her employees and in terms of enforcing good standards of customer service is likely to be different from what the owner of other locations might do.

I think you're right. We have 4 'Whataburger's' within 5 miles of our house and only 1 we use due to friendliness of staff and quality of food. One we avoid at all costs due to attitude of staff and poor food quality. I've noticed the same about KFC. The one closest to our house we refuse to use -- period. There's another several miles away that is OK.
BTW -- I've never been to a 'Chick Fil A' that had poor service or food and that includes Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee and Florida locations that I have been to over the last 5 years.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:21 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,828 times
[quote=grampaTom;41040651]I think you're right. We have 4 'Whataburger's' within 5 miles of our house and only 1 we use due to friendliness of staff and quality of food. One we avoid at all costs due to attitude of staff and poor food quality. I've noticed the same about KFC. The one closest to our house we refuse to use -- period. There's another several miles away that is OK.
BTW --I've never been to a 'Chick Fil A' that had poor service or food and that includes Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee and Florida locations that I have been to over the last 5 years.[/quote]

Me either. I've been to ones in texas, mo. and north Carolina and even the one in a mall and their service was always top notch. I've never been to a fast food place in the mall and has their workers come over to your table to refill your drinks and to take your trash.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:45 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Granted, my sample size is small, but I have had consistently good service at In & Out, Portillo's, and Culver's.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:58 AM

40 posts, read 44,537 times
[quote=Retriever;41040562]When you consider that most franchise locations are owned by franchisees, rather than by the corporate parent, I think it is a stretch to say that any one chain has consistently better or consistently worse service.

[/quote

Not true in my experience, because the corporate office sets the tone and standards for the chain by their personnel policies.

Old 09-01-2015, 10:01 AM

380 posts, read 430,926 times
Quote:

Very good point!

Old 09-01-2015, 10:17 AM

2,894 posts, read 2,452,688 times
Quote:

This is VERY true in my experience. For example, there are three Burger Kings within 3 miles of my house - they are not owned by the same people - and the level of customer service at all 3 varies like you wouldn't believe. One is totally bottom of the barrel (and I have no idea why they're still open), one is OK as long as you aren't in a hurry, and there's one (unfortunately not the closest one to me) that's outstanding. The fact that it isn't the closest to me explains why I have a car full of empty Arby's bags and McDonald's bags.

I wanted to add that the same applies to the Dunkin' Donuts around me - again, there are several, and they all have levels of service (and quality) that are all over the map - there is very little that is the same between the various locations - except for maybe the uniforms. They don't all necessarily have the same product, either. If I want a specific kind of Munchkin, for example, I know of only one location that has them consistently.

DARN IT - NOW I'M HUNGRY FOR FAST FOOD!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink