Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 07:26 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
, but I'll dry heave if I see people chewing mouth agape wide open. I had to leave a Boy Scout banquet one time- several adults were just shoveling in and smacking those jaws wide open. Barf
Amen! Took my DW out for lunch today to a local pizza joint. While we were sitting across the table from another eating our (delicious!) pizza, I looked past her to see some guy at the next table eating a salad with his mouth wide open. I think the sound is what made me look over there. Then it was just "full on visual maceration". Yay!

Oh, and tuna (salad) is the food I can't stand watching anyone else prepare or eat. The smell of canned tuna is quite unsettling to my olfactory system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2015, 08:29 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
I was grossing my roommate out majorly the other day, eating a large spoonful of Nutella while we were talking. The things I do for my personal amusement

Old 09-05-2015, 08:30 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Amen! Took my DW out for lunch today to a local pizza joint. While we were sitting across the table from another eating our (delicious!) pizza, I looked past her to see some guy at the next table eating a salad with his mouth wide open. I think the sound is what made me look over there. Then it was just "full on visual maceration". Yay!

Oh, and tuna (salad) is the food I can't stand watching anyone else prepare or eat. The smell of canned tuna is quite unsettling to my olfactory system.
I'm with you on the tuna salad. UGH. I don't understand how people can like that so much.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:28 PM

4,658 posts, read 3,658,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
You know I saw a recipe for making your own chicken nuggets (I agree - barf) and it included putting your cooked chicken into a food processor, effectively making it mush. Then add spices, form, fry. A lot of trouble for ...
My aversion to chicken nuggets has nothing to do with knowing "how chicken nuggets made", but "just come naturally", and growing stronger! Dunno why though,

Old 09-05-2015, 09:53 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveswater_outdoors View Post
Meatloaf, anything with loads of mayonnaise, weird exotic foods like pig's feet or Balut. Most everything at family reunions are disgusting (potato salad, cottage cheese, baked beans, list goes on and on).
What do you eat? Meatloaf? It looks like a big burger. I'll spot you the cottage cheese, but... beans?

Old 09-05-2015, 10:37 PM

4,658 posts, read 3,658,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naif12 View Post
Chicken Nuggets
The others being

(Note that I don't drink alcohol and eat pork)

Rice + meatball
Ligaments and blubber
Chicken gizzard, feet and leg (i like other parts except ligaments and blubber)
Cattle tendon (except in feet)
Fried rice
HARD boiled egg (any full cooked egg except a few occasions)
Raw shallots, leek, spring onion, big onion
Fried shallots, on a few occasions
Burger sandwich (except few occasions)

Old 09-05-2015, 10:42 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
Chili cheese fries.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:43 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,646,222 times
sushi
anything with HFCS
anything that's very sweet
margarine
GMO foods...scary, who knows what they will do to us?
So many, many other things! Bad habits from the past have given me digestive problems, plaque on my arteries, high cholesterol (can't take statins because of the side effects it gives me) and other health problems. I'm haunted by thoughts of the cancers that killed family members.

Old 09-05-2015, 11:03 PM

775 posts, read 776,559 times
Hi again, I guess my choices are not that bad after all!

Just thought of another....jellied eels that are served in some London pubs. I love everything about the place and I lived there. Nothing like having a great glass of wine and then seeing someone down those! Serious barfology.

Great responses, let's keep going! No reps yet, really?

Just so amazing what passes for food, even when eaten politely!

Oh, and did I mention jellied eels?

And deep fried twinkies!

��

Old 09-05-2015, 11:17 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,947,673 times
Sauerkraut is one food I don't like seeing people eat. I find it so disgusting. Otherwise it's people being gluttons or having bad manners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink