Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 10:11 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon67 View Post
LOL.
If I'm not in the mood to cook, it means I won't make anything (for myself that is...
There's that, too. Sometimes dinner or lunch is cheese and crackers. Maybe with fruit and a few nuts.
Coleslaw
Avocado
Raw vegetables
Caprese salad
Hard boiled egg
Whatever I can put in my mouth, chew and swallow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 05:34 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Another favorite of mine: whenever I make soup I always have plenty to freeze: too tired to cook, out comes frozen soup, in it goes to the micro. That is not cooking in my mind.

and then there is frozen pizza, only a few people have mentioned that. This is our stand by when we have been out all day and are just wiped out. I doctor one up to make it a little healthier (veggies usually) if you can make a pizza healthier?

If I am alone and want to have something to eat, I will simply grab some ham or turkey and a piece of cheeze out of the fridge. Still hungry? a pickle, maybe a piece of fruit.

Last edited by nmnita; 09-15-2015 at 05:42 AM..

Old 09-15-2015, 06:49 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
A friend of ours used to do bacon, put it on top of English muffins and then add a slice of good melting cheese (the kind that comes in the long narrow box and keeps on the shelf.) Run it under the broiler until the cheese bubbles and browns. They're not very healthy but they are really addictive.

You can make little pizzas this way too.
I do that too, with a slice of tomato on it.

Old 09-15-2015, 06:53 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quick and easy for me is a can of baked beans, with either hotdogs, hamburgers or smoked sausage.

Also Rubens. Grilled rye bread, corned beef, swiss cheese and sauerkraut and Thousand Island.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:38 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Tortillas either with brisket or peanut butter.

A salad.

Spaghetti (non canned) either with a simple topping like Feta, sardines, spaces or a complex one cooked up in a pot, usually wine based.

My version of Moors & Christians with black beans, black eye peas, and brown rice.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:54 AM
Status: "I have read 26 books this year!!!" (set 2 days ago)

449 posts, read 197,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Tortillas either with brisket or peanut butter.

A salad.

Spaghetti (non canned) either with a simple topping like Feta, sardines, spaces or a complex one cooked up in a pot, usually wine based.

My version of Moors & Christians with black beans, black eye peas, and brown rice.
Very first time ever hearing about Moors and Christians! I just knew of it as black beans and white rice. I'd be willing to cook that.

My easy dishes: tuna on potato or buttermilk bread or leftovers. There are always leftovers in our refrigerator and I am grateful to eat them! Half of the household doesn't eat them. More for me! That was my dinner tonight: leftovers.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:19 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvibrant View Post
Very first time ever hearing about Moors and Christians! I just knew of it as black beans and white rice. I'd be willing to cook that.
I've rather moved away from using white rice and more into using brown rice.

When I was experimenting with doing "beans and rice", it usually came up without its own flavors and I had to heavily douse it with spices and Parmesan to have the meal decent.

Black beans, black eyed peas, and brown rice, however, tends to generate its own wonderful taste and the need for spices is light. It also cooks rapidly.

I just haven't made it recently since I'm spending so much time in wet suits and on the dance floor.....bean diets have their disadvantages.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:43 AM
Status: "I have read 26 books this year!!!" (set 2 days ago)

449 posts, read 197,438 times
I strongly agree that bean diets have their disadvantages. I can feel it after only one night of beans and rice. I would be willing to speak with you later. I am going to bed. Sweet dreams!

Old 09-17-2015, 07:18 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,099,919 times
Tortellini.
I keep a few bags in the freezer for when I'm too lazy to cook or too hungry to wait for something slower.
Only takes a few minutes to cook. Makes a nice hot meal.
Cook them in chicken broth with frozen vegetables for a soup.
I keep boxes of Tomato & pepper soup and throw a handful of tortellini in the soup to cook.
Cook the tortellini in boiling water with some frozen vegetables, drain, add butter and fresh grated parmesan.
Boil, drain, and add sour cream, paprika.and some sauteed onions. I make a big batch of sauteed onions and freeze in portions. Easy to heat up and add to any food that would taste better with them.
Slice some bread and make a salad to go with the tortellini dish. That's my go to quick dinner.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:46 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Onions, mushrooms, org egg...sprinkled with parmesan.
If I still did bread...then a sandwich with ketchup.

(I sprinkle most everything with psyllium husks or Metmucil, btw, for good measure!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink