Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 01:22 PM

2,202 posts, read 2,304,779 times

Advertisements

Flash fried, fresh scallops, shrimp or fish. Light 'breading' you can see through.

How many times a week? not enough. (at home, about once a month due to mess and oil usage).

Last 5+ years my HDL/LDL/TRIG. have beep great...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 02:40 PM

3,577 posts, read 4,511,213 times
Yes.

I eat fried food once a month.

Arteries you know.

Old 09-21-2015, 02:50 PM

607 posts, read 602,269 times
Not often. Definitely not on a daily or even weekly basis, usually. I think I've had fried food (french fries) maybe once in the past month. I LOVE french fries, and some other fried food (fish n' chips, yummm), but I can't eat that stuff very often because it triggers me to overeat or binge. I've lost 45lbs by completely changing my lifestyle (not "dieting,"), so in order to keep the weight off I have to stay away from things like that most of the time.

Old 09-21-2015, 02:58 PM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
No I dont like fried food.. the only thing I do have fried very rarely is french toast, but I put it in the George grill after its been fried..and maybe now and then a potato scone.. apart from that I never eat much fried at all.

Old 09-21-2015, 03:04 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
No I dont like fried food.. the only thing I do have fried very rarely is french toast, but I put it in the George grill after its been fried..and maybe now and then a potato scone.. apart from that I never eat much fried at all.
so you don't eat omelets or scrambled eggs?

I am having trouble understanding not frying at all. I do sautee veggies, and I may cook my chicken in a frying pan. I brown it off, then add fruit juice or whatever and slowly cook it, but in a fashion I am still frying it. I think we all consider frying something different. I sometimes do my eggs on my griddler, but to me that is still frying and we do have bacon or sausage once a week.

I can understand vegetarians not frying or not often.

Old 09-21-2015, 03:06 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demidoodle View Post
Not sure I would consider that fried food.
This is where I see we all differ about what is fried food? To me, if you put it in a skillet, even a coated one and turn the burner on under it, you are frying it. You don't have to deep fry for a food to be considered fried to me. Interesting how many of us see things differently.

Old 09-21-2015, 03:29 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Deep-fried things like chicken, very seldom. That's the one adjustment I made to my diet after my own heart bypass 19 years ago. I do order sauteed foods like Chinese stir-fry more often.

However.... when I decide to have deep-fried chicken, I want the most savory and crunchiest chicken that I can find. I throw all caution to the wind guilt-free.
Chinese stir fry can be worse if you order it from a restaurant than fried chicken. All that salt!

Fried food isn't that bad for you as long as you are frying it in non trans fat oil like canola oil.

White flour breading is horrible for you.

I eat fried food. Not all the time but yesterday I had sweet potato fries at lunch and fatback at dinner.

Old 09-21-2015, 03:45 PM

607 posts, read 602,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
This is where I see we all differ about what is fried food? To me, if you put it in a skillet, even a coated one and turn the burner on under it, you are frying it. You don't have to deep fry for a food to be considered fried to me. Interesting how many of us see things differently.
True, that's technically fried--but I think the OP meant unhealthy fried foods? That's how I took it, anyway. If we're talking about ANYTHING fried, then I do eat fried foods more often, because I make a fried egg every Saturday & Sunday morning...I use olive oil or coconut oil spray, though, to try to be as healthy as possible.

Old 09-21-2015, 03:56 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninersfan82 View Post
I was just wondering how often you guys/gals eat fried food. also, do you think eating it 1-2 times a week is too much and too unhealthy?

No more than once a month. If that. It's a treat, not a staple.

Yes. I think most nutritionists and doctors would agree that deep fried food should be eaten sparingly, if you care about your health. If you don't - eat all you want.

Old 09-22-2015, 06:27 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,304,779 times
pan sauteed vs fried...to me they are different...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink