Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 08:03 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex scott View Post
Don't eat fried food at all. Don't wanna be fat)))
Just to let you know: an occassional fried food isn't going to make anyone fat and there are a lot of things that will lead to weight problems other than fat foods: other oils, sour creme, too much sugar, lack of activitiy, some condiments, etc. Even large helpings of meats that are not fried. Most Mexican food is high in calories even when not fried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 04:07 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,484,502 times
Deep fried carbs or meat with a carby batter? A couple times a month, and never at home, only out. Usually french fries.

I do pan fry meat at home but it only takes a spray of olive oil in my ceramic pan, and I never dredge in flour or use a batter or any other carb. Once in a while I'll saute some green beans but again, no carb coating, and just lightly oiled.

Old 09-25-2015, 04:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Deep fried carbs or meat with a carby batter? A couple times a month, and never at home, only out. Usually french fries.

I do pan fry meat at home but it only takes a spray of olive oil in my ceramic pan, and I never dredge in flour or use a batter or any other carb. Once in a while I'll saute some green beans but again, no carb coating, and just lightly oiled.
Never thought of doing beans that way;sounds really good, I might give it a try. Like you, no breading and no heavy coating, just OO spray or maybe a littlel actual oil.

Old 09-25-2015, 05:30 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninersfan82 View Post
I'm not talking about just lightly frying something on top of the stove. I am talking deep fried foods, like french fries , chicken tenders, etc.
If that is ALL you eat, then I would say you need to revise your diet. But fried foods are not inherently unhealthy - you simply don't go overboard. Watch your calories and nutritional intake. That is far more important than banning a particular food from your diet.

Old 09-28-2015, 09:06 PM

38,864 posts, read 22,849,388 times
Fried food is tasty! But I only have it once or twice a week at the most.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:19 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,682,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Some are considering any cooked item that is not baked/broiled, boiled, poached, toasted, stewed, or braised to be fried. By their definition, in pan, on stove top/in skillet in anything other than water or broth = "fried."

Not sure if this was what the OP was specifically asking about, or if their intent focused on deep fat frying w/ batter or crumb coating, etc. Lots of room for interpretation.
"I can bring home the bacon/ Fry it up in a pan"
Thats probably how most of us think...if its in a pan with even the slightest amount of oil or butter then its fried. Even if it produces its own oil its still fried.

**By most people I mean simple people

Old 09-29-2015, 06:15 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,783,535 times
Every day.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:55 PM

1,342 posts, read 3,244,077 times
I never make fried food at home, since I cook for one. I remember Julia Child once saying to Jacques Pepin on one of their shows, something like "It's rather an expensive way to prepare food".

Old 09-30-2015, 09:42 PM

109 posts, read 91,069 times
I like fried food but it's really not good for our healthy, it causes of cancer. I am afraid of this so I hardly eat fried food, 1-2 times/month

Old 04-17-2016, 07:33 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,390,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
Whenever I want it . . .
Same here. Since I work at a restaurant anytime I see fries and chicken nuggets, tenders, or whatever on the plates, sometimes I'll grab one or two of them and eat them, but I NEVER eat them out of the garbage can! Once I throw them in there, I don't eat them! YUCK!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink