Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 02:01 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,861,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Many wing recipes are exceptionally good. Wings are high fat and the taste of fat is attractive from an evolutionary point of view. Diners can lie to themselves that they are eating low fat because it is chicken.

The meat on wings has really good flavor.
I think "muscle meat" has more flavor in not only chickens but in beef and pork. In beef I prefer Chuck steaks or roast in Choice or Prime animals over Loin cuts or Rib Eyes.. In Pork give me a well seasoned and cured Ham over a loin chop. However ir doesn't get any better than a properly cured and cooked piece of crisp Bacon and that is not a major muscle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 02:39 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
People used to throw out the wings.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:40 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times
Okay. Why do people like Vanilla ice cream? I don't. But if somebody else does, who am I to question their taste?
I like Buffalo Wings. I don't like the Smokey Stovers that burn my lips with the first bite, but I do like a tasty wing or three.
I don't like jalapeno poppers but I don't ask why people do.
I like calves' liver but I know it isn't everybody's cuppa. I'd never serve it to guests because I know it evinces "eewwws" the majority of the time.
It's so nice to know that most places that cook and serve wings, you know, the "wing places", also cook and serve other dishes as well.
See? Something for everyone.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:45 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,353,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
They're mostly just bones. Why would they be preferred over a drumstick or a thigh?
I've never understood that, either... and I agree with you, there's almost nothing on a wing so why bother.

To each their own, though.

Old 10-02-2015, 03:22 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think some of us are confused between chicken wings as the little things we order or cook at home that can resemble a wing or even a tiny drum stick and an honest to goodness chicken wing as in part of the chicken when you have an entire chicken, cut up chicken or whatever and serve the chicken as a full meal. I am assuming the OP was referring to the cocktail or appitizer wings.
you must be thinking of drummettes ,,,those are the mini drumstick looking part of the wing

Old 10-02-2015, 04:21 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
They're delicious, but what I don't get is how other people manage to eat 3 or more of them in one bite, so as to get a full mouth of meat? Whenever I try to do that, the bones all collide and hit the teeth, and then half the time when I finish chewing and swallow it, one of the bones gets swallowed along with the meat.

Old 10-02-2015, 04:36 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,364,292 times
I don't think people prefer chicken wings. They're a messy nuisance to eat... especially the parts with two bones. They're just a cheap cut of meat, so that's what the restaurants serve. They'd do better serving up legs or breasts. Or something else. The wings are just annoying.

Old 10-02-2015, 04:43 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
I don't think people prefer chicken wings. They're a messy nuisance to eat... especially the parts with two bones. They're just a cheap cut of meat, so that's what the restaurants serve. They'd do better serving up legs or breasts. Or something else. The wings are just annoying.
actually,,, fresh chicken wings sell for 2.69-3.29lb in these parts,,

thighs and drumsticks ,, and whole legs are .99lb....

wings aren't that cheap.....

they aren't that cheap at restaurants either,,,,but nothing is,,,,

but..... wings are tasty!!

Old 10-02-2015, 04:45 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
I like wings, preferably just wingettes. I don't like meaty chicken, and I like skin more than meat. I'll eat breasts over dark meat but I find the taste to be bland and boring. Wings come in so many different flavors!

Old 10-02-2015, 05:19 PM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
If you'd read through the thread, you'd know that some people do. Sometimes people want something to pick on, not eat to get full. I like blue crabs, too. Those are a mess to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink