Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 11:56 PM

2,322 posts, read 922,879 times

Advertisements

I also have to admit this happens a lot. Especially if the show is based in NYC where I am originally from.

This afternoon I had four drumsticks per Cindi's Oven Barbecued Chicken in the recipes section here and not an hour after I was done, I was watching an episode of Law and Order and they stopped off at a coffee kiosk (the one that looks like a closet) and immediately I wanted a coffee light and sweet with a buttered roll. I don't even take my coffee that way, but because it was in NYC I felt nostalgic and I wanted it.

Don't get me started - one of them orders a Gyro or cream cheese and lox on a bagel, I'm drooling for days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 12:51 AM

10,226 posts, read 7,574,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I was watching the movie waitress last night (my favorite) and when they got to the part where Old Joe orders well done French fries with melted Swiss My husband and I got a craving. We had eaten dinner around 6 pm and this was around 8 pm. Normally I would ignore the craving and move on but last night was an exception. The diner is a 5 minute car ride so I went there and got 2 orders of fries but with melted mozzarella and a side of gravy. each of us had our own fries but I am not into the gravy so I put ketchup on mine.
Yeah...that's called the power of advertising!

I don't remember ever getting up and driving somewhere to go get some food. But I've lusted over it. And maybe went to my pantry to look for something good, when I wouldn't have otherwise.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:26 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,021,618 times
Yes, that glass of vino looks good. Christ I hadn't though about a toasted sandwich etc. Fickle, malleable, but there it is.

Old 12-03-2015, 03:20 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
I usually have a thirst for wine while watching
The Three Musketeers (1973) - IMDb
and for pizza while watching
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986) - IMDb

Old 12-03-2015, 07:41 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times
I don't even need a TV show or movie---just a simple commercial that I'm not even paying attention to will make me want something. What can I say I am easily manipulated when it comes to food---that's the only type of marketing that works on me and they don't even have to try!

Old 12-03-2015, 08:33 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Just this one:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iEFwcl8WMLM

Old 12-03-2015, 12:58 PM

113 posts, read 136,635 times
I'm a fan of Top Chef, Master Chef, etc. I try and eat dinner while watching but sometimes something looks so good I have to make it the next night.

I also watch baking shows. Don't get me started on that.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:54 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
There are several Chef themed movies on Netflix, sometimes with subtitles, sometimes not. They are really good, and make me want to try so many different foods...Pakistani, French, etc. My point is, don't pass up a movie in a foreign language because you will soon forget the subtitles are there.
So there is a movie called, "Waitress?" Is that the one with the cop and the waitress? I'll look for that. I think what you are saying is, you had nachos, with French fries, instead of tortillas; and gravy, instead of cheese...at 8pm. Wow, sounds good. This sounds like something from MN or WI.
It came out in 2007, and Kerry Russell is in it. She's a waitress at a pie diner and has an affair with her doctor because she is miserable in her marriage. Did not have tortilla's or nachos. What we both had was French fries with melted mozzarella and gravy on the side. In NY they call them disco fries.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:56 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
I have gotten several cravings for food when watching the Sopranos and one year for Christmas my mom bought me the Soprano's cook book. I have been wanting to make Carmella's Lasagna which has sausage in it and fresh basil leaves under the cheese.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:03 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,680,547 times
One time I was drinking a bit too much wine while I was watching a cooking show. To make a long story short, I ended up going to the grocery store, buying a bunch of ingredients, and cooking. Fortunately, it was a fairly simple recipe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink