Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 03:36 PM

98,998 posts, read 4,461,913 times

Advertisements

Yes it happens all the time. I'll even go out the next day and eat something I saw in a movie or TV show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 05:29 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,665,609 times
Big Bang Theory. The food ALWAYS looks so good. The fact that they are eating it shows it is actually food and not some food model only made to LOOK good.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:11 AM

22,564 posts, read 24,353,783 times
That is one of the reasons I try not to watch food-shows, it makes me think
about food, then I get hungry!

Old 12-04-2015, 05:49 AM

19,954 posts, read 29,990,395 times
it can go the other way too,,,

if I watch the cone island hot dog eating contest,,,im good eating hot dogs for a while

I remember on one of the first "biggest loser" shows
all the finalists got to go home for a few weeks.....one of the homecoming parties, the family and friends were there to welcome and support them,,,,but when looking at the food table ,,it was loaded with donuts, mac and cheese,,and this stuff they cant/shouldn't eat,,,,but the donuts made me laugh so hard,,i wanted one,,,

Old 12-04-2015, 05:38 PM

569 posts, read 667,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Watch Tortilla Soup, the beautiful Chicano version of Eat Drink Man Woman, if you really want to know what hunger is. Also, I want Hector Elizondo's house in that movie.
THAT movie had me totally drooling. I loved his house as well. Favorite type of food.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:32 PM

2,810 posts, read 204,040 times
This one may sound funny but every time I watch Spongebob Squarepants, I always get hungry for one of those delicious krabby Patties!

Old 12-04-2015, 11:41 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,173,237 times
Yes and once when I was on a huge diet I picked up a new novel by one of my favorite authors and as it turned out it was about a woman who opened a bakery and her story. Each chapter began with an amazing sounding pastry recipe, and all they talked about was how good all the food was.

It was torture!

Old 12-04-2015, 11:48 PM

149 posts, read 164,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
Yes and once when I was on a huge diet I picked up a new novel by one of my favorite authors and as it turned out it was about a woman who opened a bakery and her story. Each chapter began with an amazing sounding pastry recipe, and all they talked about was how good all the food was.

It was torture!
That book should've come with a warning label to dieters!

The only time I get hungry from shows is when I'm watching foreign films- especially Korean shows because there is always a scene with food preparation or discussion about food. I wish my family was more food oriented but the heavy food culture died with my grandma. She was the last one to cook authentic meals and unfortunately I was too young to learn from her.

Old 12-05-2015, 09:15 AM

49,967 posts, read 63,265,686 times
I just watched the first episode of American Diner Revival, and the chef (a woman I really like, but I forget her name) made a recipe for a Greek Hero, which was lamb meatballs, and tzatziki sauce on a hogey roll, and topped with a fresh salad of tomato, cucumber, onion and vinaigrette.
I can hardly think of anything else. I have some ground lamb in the freezer, so I think I'll try to find the exact recipe and make them for dinner.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:45 PM

3,426 posts, read 4,331,792 times
I haven't had this experience with a movie or TV show, but with a book: Under the Tuscan Sun (1996) by Frances Mayes. It's a memoir, by a lady who bought a ramshackle villa in Tuscany with her partner, and then spent a year renovating it, and she learns to cook local recipes on top of it--recipes that she includes throughout the book, describing the preparation of the food in lavish and fascinating detail. It's really a wonderful, evocative read, especially for foodies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink