Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 10:20 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times

Advertisements

So Pizza Hut wants to be more like a car service. Yup, that sounds about right. Blech.

Old 12-17-2015, 01:04 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,578,274 times
I don't like Pizza Hut, but to be fair this headline seems to be taken way out of context.

It sounds like the point he was making during a presentation was that these days convenience is more important than quality, not that they were making any operational moves to skip/reduce quality. They are focusing on better tools to order, track, etc.

Old 12-17-2015, 01:31 AM

318 posts, read 372,812 times
Doesn't surprise me they're losing money. Just assumed it was frat boy hangover chow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeaster View Post
Pizza hut was good in the 70's. I can't believe there still around. Every time I say "lets give em another chance" an hour latter I say "never again"
Oh, so once upon a time (before I was born) it really was actually good?

I'm much younger then my spouse. as a kid, if my parents ordered that greasy, spongy monstrosity I rummaged the fridge for leftovers or skipped dinner. Thought it was vile. he was surprised and said they used to be good when he was a kid. I just shake my head at the annual pizza order - my folks talking about ordering that nasty pizza and the chat the next day about how bad it was and how they were never ordering it again. They have many awesome pizza places close by to chose from. Man, I miss real pizza.

Old 12-17-2015, 04:08 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
I don't like Pizza Hut, but to be fair this headline seems to be taken way out of context.

It sounds like the point he was making during a presentation was that these days convenience is more important than quality, not that they were making any operational moves to skip/reduce quality. They are focusing on better tools to order, track, etc.

I just saw one of their ads last night, someone picks up a slice and it appears to have all the structure of a jellyfish, flops over like a dog's ear, YUCK! Doesn't look like they're making any moves to actually instill quality either.

To all the wonderful independent pizzerias we have putting out a quality product: THANK YOU!

Old 12-17-2015, 06:14 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post

Exactly. But then again, this is a CD restaurant thread, so bring on the X Restaurant brand bashers. I like Pizza Hut. Our local Pizza Hut's pizzas are quite good. The key to getting a better tasting pizza is to pick it up yourself. Delivery takes so long that by the time we get it, the pizza is cold, so it tastes terrible. I don't like having to pay a $2.50 "delivery fee" (what's that for anyway? The drivers use their personal vehicles). Then I have to tip the driver on top of paying that to get a pizza that takes at least 45 minutes to arrive, sometimes 1 1/2 hours. I can pick it up myself 15 minutes after I order, save $5.00, and the pizza actually tastes great. Wow, what a concept.

Old 12-17-2015, 06:26 AM

1,656 posts, read 2,782,527 times
I also like Pizza Hut, especially the pan pizza. I've never had pizza I truly did not like. Pizza is like sex...even when it's not good, it's STILL good.

My in-laws in NYC like to order a "PEEEEeeetsuh Pieeee" and it's this strange stuff they fold up like a sandwich to eat.

Old 12-17-2015, 07:46 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,313,867 times
I make my own pizza, like my grandfather, of blessed memory, used to do.

Not exactly from scratch, my supermarket sells dollops of yeasted dough, sometimes two for the price of one, also often jars of tomato sauce two for one, and mozzarella also on sale. Beats the hell out of Pizza Slut, which makes us sick anyway, or any other chain and even family-owned pizzerias/restaurants which, in my neighborhood anyway, are still short on quality and bloated on price.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:02 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Pizza Hut does not have good pizza at all. Their breadsticks are great though.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:46 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
I make my own pizza, like my grandfather, of blessed memory, used to do.

Not exactly from scratch, my supermarket sells dollops of yeasted dough, sometimes two for the price of one, also often jars of tomato sauce two for one, and mozzarella also on sale. Beats the hell out of Pizza Slut, which makes us sick anyway, or any other chain and even family-owned pizzerias/restaurants which, in my neighborhood anyway, are still short on quality and bloated on price.

I thought I was the only one who called it that!

My friend and I used to go there all the time when we were young adults in the late 1980s, and we always enjoyed it. Even now, I think their pizzas aren't half-bad, and I like their bread sticks and pizza rollers (or whatever they call them). The sit-down service has always been painfully slow, no matter which Pizza Hut I went to or what time of day/day of week I was there. The only reason I ever go nowadays is when my kids win a coupon for completing a certain amount of reading in school.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:50 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,082,573 times
I used to like Pizza Hut, when I was young, in the 70s. Now I think it sucks. I don't know if it is because *they* changed, or because *my* tastes changed...whichever, no amount of 'convenience' will make me go there again...unless every other place for miles around is closed, and I am so starving hungry that I feel like I'm going to pass out if I don't eat *immediately* (yeah, I get that way sometimes, and get a bad temper to boot, my wife says I'm "hangry")...I'd even choose a sandwich out of a bus station vending machine first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink