Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 11:09 AM

1,376 posts, read 2,164,223 times

Advertisements

OP, the people who are mocking you for your preferences are pretentious and shallow! You should be proclaiming in a very loud confident voice, that you bet NONE of them can tell the difference between a $20 bottle of wine and a $120 bottle of wine.

Old 12-20-2015, 11:12 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Midwest Noobie View Post
I was just wondering if there was anyone out there like me. Im a male with a sweet tooth. Like tonight at dinner with some new acquaintences I begrudgingly sipped on the wine offered but much more enjoyed the soda that was being served for the children. The host looked at me like I was a space alien for not wanting the wine. With alcohol I tend to hate most beers unless I am incredibly thirsty then I will crave a light beer. I hate most wines except for dessert wines. I love wine coolers such as Seagrams and prefer hard liquor to beer.

I enjoy chocolates, ice cream, pastries, etc. Dont get me wrong I also love meats and bacon and savory foods like most guys, but somehow feel out of step somehow from the general population in preferring sweet tastes. When push comes to shove I love sodas but will drink diet or water or teas but cannot stand bitter drinks. Again it varies. As I said I will crave a light beer if Im super thirsty but will trade that in for a soda any day.

Yet I feel "scolded" for this in that somehow my taste is "girly", typical " American", or "not sophisticated". Does anyone else with a sweet tooth feel the same?
If you did not want the wine you should have said you did not want the wine.
How can you feel scolded when the truth is no one but you really cares what you eat or drink.

Old 12-20-2015, 12:17 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,305,125 times
OP, I'm gonna guess you're a bit overweight or really out of shape. Yes?

Old 12-20-2015, 12:29 PM

32,632 posts, read 47,964,911 times
All men like sweets. If a man genuinely does not like sweets (and isn't just saying so), he is the oddball.

How many men will turn down a slice of cherry pie ala mode? Not many. And I can tell you from experience, it isn't safe to leave a box of Sees chocolates out and open when there are any men around. The whole box will disappear down manly gullets.

No man that I've ever been around will turn down a piece of cake, a bowl of ice cream, or a cinnamon roll.

If you don't like wine, just say "no thank you". If you are too embarrassed to ask for soda, then drink water. You don't have to drink wine if you don't like it. If your friends ridicule you, I suggest that you trade them in for new friends.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:55 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,306,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
I was thinking this. (I think Oregonwoodsmoke is a female, can't swear to it. I am, too.)

And then I was thinking: Where's the OP?

I know this: I made so much cookie dough and froze it we can eat fresh baked cookies every night if we want. And now I'M going to be chubs. My dear other half (male) has a massive sweet tooth.

Old 12-20-2015, 07:46 PM

135 posts, read 169,759 times
I'm male and I don't carry a sweet tooth anymore.

Sugar is super addicting and is pure toxic to your health. If you care at all about your well being its best to satisfy your sweet tooth with natural occurring sugars found in fruits. ANY sugar that is granular (meaning its been extracted) is pure poison to your body. If you like to read check out Pure White and Deadly by John Yudkin.

With that said I don't have a problem with drinking a beer every day when cannabis is inaccessible.

Old 12-20-2015, 08:57 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
Ironically, what's "not manly" is not drinking what you want and what you like regardless of what other people think.

I can't imagine having social anxiety over my choice of food/drink.

Old 12-20-2015, 09:03 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,571,809 times
JUNK, I too love some sweet stuff...........but it makes me feel like cr@9 when I eat it.

So I do my best to avoid sweets and anything with added sugar.

Old 12-21-2015, 03:53 AM

404 posts, read 433,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Irrelevant. If it were I would have included it in my post. In my case the savory people tend to be on the overweight side and push bacon etc. While Ive had friends with a stronger craving for sweets than I on the underweight side of things (extremely active). Not about "health" either. Ive had people shame me for eating fruit (Gary Taubes philosophy). Nice bating attempt though. But as I said completely irrelevant.

Old 12-21-2015, 04:00 AM

404 posts, read 433,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City-duck View Post
I'm male and I don't carry a sweet tooth anymore.

Sugar is super addicting and is pure toxic to your health. If you care at all about your well being its best to satisfy your sweet tooth with natural occurring sugars found in fruits. ANY sugar that is granular (meaning its been extracted) is pure poison to your body. If you like to read check out Pure White and Deadly by John Yudkin.

With that said I don't have a problem with drinking a beer every day when cannabis is inaccessible.
Yeah I understand. I get this but my point is about people who genuinely seem to despise sweet foods. Ive been ridiculed for eating fruit (healthy, no?) over say, bacon.

What about raw vegans who consume copious amounts of coconut sugar, for example. Still poison? Im genuinely asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink