Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2016, 06:58 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,521,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Delicious my family loves keema naan with a cucumber raita.

Tonight we have from the leftover lentil soup ( channa & masoor daal) lentil parathas served with mango or lime pickles,homemade plain yogurt,an onion and cilantro salad and lassi/water to drink. For dessert Bartlett pear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
Pan seared Cod Fillet on top of a marinated Mediterranean salad (green beans, cannellini bean, red onion, salt/pepper, and 2 tbsp of white vinegar)...
They sound great

Old 05-03-2016, 07:57 AM

2,894 posts, read 2,450,841 times
I don't know. Don't even what to think about it. I still have a very big hole in my backyard that appears to be setting in for a lovely spring and summer season here at backyard 2U, a very bright trafflic light in my garage, and my back is really bothering me today. Maybe I'll just order a darn pizza. And GO PICK IT UP THIS TIME - it's across the darn street for crying out loud - WHY that husband of mine wants delivery, I have NO idea. Perhaps he was deprived of the hugs of small, gas efficient, yet expensive cars driven by brats who expect a huge tip for dropping off a box 4 blocks away when he was growing up or something, but $6 to cross the street? NOT HAPPENING. The 2U hoof is coming down!

I'm very cranky today. Watch out world - I'm scheduled to leave the house in a few hours to do errands - you have been warned.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:00 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,841,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
I don't know. Don't even what to think about it. I still have a very big hole in my backyard that appears to be setting in for a lovely spring and summer season here at backyard 2U, a very bright trafflic light in my garage, and my back is really bothering me today. Maybe I'll just order a darn pizza. And GO PICK IT UP THIS TIME - it's across the darn street for crying out loud - WHY that husband of mine wants delivery, I have NO idea. Perhaps he was deprived of the hugs of small, gas efficient, yet expensive cars driven by brats who expect a huge tip for dropping off a box 4 blocks away when he was growing up or something, but $6 to cross the street? NOT HAPPENING. The 2U hoof is coming down!

I'm very cranky today. Watch out world - I'm scheduled to leave the house in a few hours to do errands - you have been warned.
LOL

-------------
I wont be home but hubby says Lasagna so I need to get the meat thawed for the crock pot.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:43 AM

4,691 posts, read 3,469,631 times
I have a tenderloin kind of marinating. I bought, which I never do, what I thought was a marinade but it's really a sauce. I was shopping on vacation in Georgia, spied Rufus Teague whiskey maple and was intrigued. Yes I am that odd duck who buys her souvenirs in the grocery store (we don't have Publix so I HAVE to go). I pick up stuff not in our local grocery stores. So, anywho, I brushed the sauce on the tenderloin and now it's a marinade. I am making a strawberry, spinach and goat cheese salad and some kind of rice dish for sides.

Almost forgot! Have fun on vacation nmnita!

Old 05-03-2016, 09:45 AM

802 posts, read 642,360 times
I should make a big salad. I've got ham, turkey, eggs, black olives, kidney beans, an avocado and greens that need to be eaten. I'm really leaning toward a big German sausage with sauerkraut on a roll (with lots of mustard) though.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:46 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,637,629 times
Tonight I will be in the mood for comfort food (nervous about a dr.'s appt. tomorrow - left hand has been tingling for a week and I am short of breath), so, we're having:

roast chicken with stuffing and red cabbage
potato salad
rosemary dinner rolls
almond pound cake

Old 05-03-2016, 01:39 PM

3,565 posts, read 2,114,813 times
Home made Chicken biryani with basmati rice tonight!

large onion
bay leaf
cardamom pods
chicken stock
chopped coriander
turmeric
skinless & sliced chicken breasts
mild curry paste
raisins
toasted flaked almonds

Old 05-03-2016, 01:48 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,521,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post
Home made Chicken biryani with basmati rice tonight!

large onion
bay leaf
cardamom pods
chicken stock
chopped coriander
turmeric
skinless & sliced chicken breasts
mild curry paste
raisins
toasted flaked almonds
That beats my tikka masala LOL

Having said that I'm hooked on what you are having for breakfast at the moment ..... There's a little shop by work and it's addictive to say the least....

Nice in taste but not nice for the waistline

Enjoy

Old 05-03-2016, 02:40 PM

24,488 posts, read 10,825,052 times
Per SO's request: chicken thighs marinated in viciously hot stuff off the grill, mashed potatoes, lots of green salad (not part of the request), onions and mushroom simmered in butter and Chardonnay, Klondike Bars (small vanilla ice cream squares covered in milk and dark chocolate - BTW they seem to have shrunk since I last bought them).

Old 05-03-2016, 02:41 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,866,913 times
Tonight we're having baked slimehead with roasted green beans and potatoes and Pao de Queijo.

Dessert is JC's frozen Key Lime Pie Pops - YUMMMMMM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink