Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2016, 08:36 AM

2,894 posts, read 2,451,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
Today's weather is just wrong. High heat and humidity, yuck! I asked the kids if they wanted delivery or homemade pizza. They picked homemade?!? If I thought they would actually pick homemade I wouldn't have offered!!
All I can say is thank goodness for AC!
And that's the huge laugh I needed to get my day started right! Thanks, magicshark!!!!

For dinner, I just don't know yet - don't feel like making ANYTHING. Too hot, too humid, too tired.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:51 AM

802 posts, read 642,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Looks delicious - all of it. Do you have a recipe? Hope you're feeling better!
Salmon Patties or Salmon Burgers

1 (14.75 oz) can of salmon
1 egg
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs (Panko)

Drain salmon and reserve liquid. Mix egg, onion, bread crumbs and salmon together. Make into patties. If mixture is too dry, add some of the reserved liquid.

Place patties in hot frying pan in just a little oil. Let brown good on one side before trying to turn gently.

* I added some Old Bay Seasoning and about 6 inches of leftover smoked salmon. Really good!

To make a basic Hawaiian macaroni salad, you don’t need a recipe; just follow these guidelines:

The pasta: Cook 1 pound elbow macaroni (for really local style, cook until soft and fat, but you can go al dente if you prefer).

The flavoring: Stir in ¼ cup very finely grated onion. Not minced, chopped or sliced—grated. It should be liquidy (this is how they do it at Diner’s, a local eatery in Kalihi).

The mayo: At least 2½ cups for real local style. But there are no rules, so use less if you like. Or more.

The add-ins: Carrots, watercress, celery, hard-boiled eggs, pickle relish (try some frozen, thawed peas) whatever suits you.

The finale: Salt and pepper, to taste. Stir well; refrigerate.

* I do not use pickle relish. I diced up some celery, grated some carrots and cheddar cheese, and added sliced black olives. Husband loves this salad. He usually doesn't care for mayo.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:58 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Don't fancy much

Just a beans on toast with grated cheese me thinks
Forget that!!!!!! That will teach me to post after a McDonald's lunch! LOL.

Famished now and fancy KFC

Old 08-11-2016, 09:30 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,875,920 times
[quote=Emeraldmaiden;45089075]Thanks! I can't wait to really walk again. How's Cocoa, Gnawer of All She
Surveys?

Yes! She's chewing everything! But, she prefers my hands, eyeglass case, tv controller, my ears, my face....she has drawn blood more than a few times, even though I've bought her expensive corkscrew bones at 5 bucks a pop! I can't wait till this phase is over!

Old 08-11-2016, 09:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
Pizza Hut hand tossed with chicken and bell pepper, s'mores dessert cookie. Vanilla Coke. Still dealing with allergies, sinus infection, asthma, etc. don't feel like cooking. It is what it is.
add the heat and cooking is not a fun event, but a chore. I hope you feel better soon.

Old 08-11-2016, 09:54 AM

having Italian sausage, fruit salad and sautéed veggies, just am not sure what veggies.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
I have no idea what's for dinner tonight. I'm still at DH's mercy when it comes to food, lol.

We just got back from my 4 week checkup; surgeon says everything looks good! I can start putting a little weight on my leg tomorrow. The physical therapist will be here tomorrow, so I'll have him help me start.
must have missed it: what did you have done to your leg?

Old 08-11-2016, 10:04 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
must have missed it: what did you have done to your leg?
Oh, total hip replacement. But I had undiagnosed hip dysplasia, and basically destroyed the back of the socket and had to have bone grafts. Due to that, I was put on no weight bearing for four soul-destroying weeks.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:56 AM

24,519 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Quote:
Oh, total hip replacement. But I had undiagnosed hip dysplasia, and basically destroyed the back of the socket and had to have bone grafts. Due to that, I was put on no weight bearing for four soul-destroying weeks.
Hang in there!!!!

Chicken salad, green lettuce, cold beer.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
I am sorry. I can feel your pain: I had total knee replacement about 18 months ago, and luckily no complications but no fun either. Our daughter just had back surgery Monday. We can all be thankful that medicine has come so far, but at the time when everything hurts you aren't thankful for much.

Get well soon!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink