Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2016, 07:53 AM
eok eok started this thread

6,684 posts, read 4,251,442 times

Advertisements

Most people who shop at Aldi aren't about to spend $79.95 for a blender. And they have plenty in stock. So I was thinking maybe the price would go down soon. But then I thought, if the price goes down, I can get a price match. And if I can't get a price match, I can return it and buy a new one at the lower price. So I decided to go ahead and buy it, partly because I've been wanting a new blender for months, but never got around to buying one, and partly because I got the vague impression of getting a $300 blender for $79.95.

I haven't done much with it yet, but I'm very impressed with it. I've never owned a fancy blender before. I always bought the cheapest junk for the lowest prices. I don't think I ever even paid this much for one before. This one is vastly better quality, just from looking at it and using it a small amount, in every little detail. It's extremely fast and powerful. Don't forget to hold the lid in place. The lid has a deep high quality rim that looks like it should hold itself in place, but this is a very powerful blender. The warranty terms seem very solid, and you don't even have to pay shipping for repairs, for 5 years.

One thing that confuses me a little is that underneath, where the blade should come out, it gives which directions to turn it to open and close it, but it won't turn, and the manual says the blade is not removable. Why would it have the open and close directions if it's not removable? But in any case the blade is very easy to clean, because you can put soap and water in the blender and make the blade turn so fast it will be like polishing the blade for 1000 years. I haven't actually tried cleaning it with soap yet, just warm water, but it seems to get very clean even that way. The blade is made in Japan and seems to be very high quality stainless steel. The blender itself says it's made in China. Stuff made in China is not 100% cheap junk. Only about 99.99%.

It says it can make hot soup, but I haven't tried that yet. It also has a tamper, which goes through the lid, in place of the usual lid center piece, if you want to use it. The lid holds it just high enough to miss the blade, and you can move it around to push stuff into the blade. But I haven't tried that yet either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2016, 01:44 PM

693 posts, read 705,112 times
I am glad you like the blender. When I was in there the other day, I saw a little round thing like a roomba and it was only 19.99 but I figured that was too cheap to work good. Maybe I will buy it this week and just take it back if it doesn't work good. I love Aldi.

Old 01-10-2016, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindarby View Post
little round thing like a roomba and it was only 19.99
It's not actually a vacuum. It's more like a floor sweeper. It's probably only intended for hard floors.

Old 01-10-2016, 04:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
We have gotten a lot of their stuff like what you are mentioning: never disappointed. We got an electric broom (they didn't call it that) for about $20.00 a couple of years ago. It does do carpet as well but doesn't deep clean. As we have mostly wood floors it is great. We got a couple of pizza pans that have lasted for years and a few other things. It is a good place to pick up things you would, most likely not purchase if they were super pricy.

Old 01-10-2016, 08:34 AM

693 posts, read 705,112 times
I have tiled floors through out the house so I think I am going to give it a try.

Old 01-11-2016, 12:29 AM

One minor disappointment about the blender is that its speeds range from fast to super fast. I would rather they range from slow to super fast. I want a speed so slow it won't even splash the lid. Super fast is great for a lot of things, and fast is too, but there are some uses for slow too.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:31 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
You have right to be impressed, OP - Ambiano Professional 1500W blender with 5 year warranty is very similar to Vitamix in performance, but cost much less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hddP3qdKv9k

Old 11-28-2016, 11:27 AM

1 posts, read 5,560 times
Default Warranty

I have had this blender for maybe a year? I have loved it, and found it to be just as good as a vitamix. I know it doesn't have as much speed range, but I have had no problem blending anything.

Unfortunately disaster just struck. The blade seems to have totally spun out of the blender and it seems like the center area on the based is no longer secured on either.

I will say the underneath area was very difficult to clean and really seemed to acquire buildup and start to peel and chip.

I am just wondering how I would go about getting a replacement through the warranty? Did I need to register originally? I don't have the box it came in anymore, and I can't seem to find info online.

Has anyone else had experience with this?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink