Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 12:33 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,095,164 times

Advertisements

I like to make chili for football games, and chicken wings.

and my daughter would kill me if I did not have Spike's cheese and black bean chips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 12:45 PM

50,159 posts, read 46,820,657 times
Cream cheese wrapped salami, chicken wings, potato skins with extra cheese and bacon bits, sliders, cheese sticks, mini hot dogs. If like most SB parties the beer will be flowing. Gotta have food that sticks!

Old 01-14-2016, 02:26 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,787,669 times
I personally have never had this because it sounds gross to me, but it comes up year after year on another forum I visit. I have been a member there for 13 years. Most people love it.

Carnivore Queso
1 crock pot
1 lb. velveeta
1 lb. hamburger
1 lb. sausage (select style to taste)
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup (approx. 10 oz.)
1 jar picante sauce(approx. 12 oz., select heat to taste)

Pull apart meat into small pieces and brown. Break up into tiny parts and drain.

Put all ingredients into crock pot and cook on high for 2 hours, stirring ocasionally. The stuff will look weird till the cheese really completely melts and then will turn into carnivore heaven.

Old 01-14-2016, 02:40 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,441,088 times
You could always get some Italian beef at the store (frozen or from the deli area), keep it warm it in the crockpot, and serve it on rolls (whip up some sautéed peppers and onions ahead of time should anyone want any) along with a tossed salad, maybe some pasta salad, and cannoli for dessert. A couple of long subs (like the 3' or longer ones) would go pretty well with that, too, for people who don't want beef.

I've also ordered a bunch of pizzas (along with a salad or two) for parties like this - it doesn't have to be kept hot, and there's minimal fuss for you.

The smallest amount of work involved directly correlates to the happiness of the hostess. Or that's what I've been TOLD, anyway...

Old 01-14-2016, 03:19 PM

6,220 posts, read 3,588,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
I personally have never had this because it sounds gross to me, but it comes up year after year on another forum I visit. I have been a member there for 13 years. Most people love it.

Carnivore Queso
1 crock pot
1 lb. velveeta
1 lb. hamburger
1 lb. sausage (select style to taste)
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup (approx. 10 oz.)
1 jar picante sauce(approx. 12 oz., select heat to taste)

Pull apart meat into small pieces and brown. Break up into tiny parts and drain.

Put all ingredients into crock pot and cook on high for 2 hours, stirring ocasionally. The stuff will look weird till the cheese really completely melts and then will turn into carnivore heaven.
The cream of mushroom soup is throwing me off. The cheese, meat, and picante sauce go together. The meat and mushroom go together. But mixing cream of mushroom with picante? No thanks.

Old 01-14-2016, 03:27 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,787,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
The cream of mushroom soup is throwing me off. The cheese, meat, and picante sauce go together. The meat and mushroom go together. But mixing cream of mushroom with picante? No thanks.
My thoughts exactly, but over the years I have hear countless people raving about it. Men seem to like it more than women. I just don't get the cream of mushroom.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:08 AM

6,220 posts, read 3,588,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
My thoughts exactly, but over the years I have hear countless people raving about it. Men seem to like it more than women. I just don't get the cream of mushroom.
I'd 86 the mushroom soup and add sour cream and onion soup mix instead.

Old 01-15-2016, 09:41 AM

3,079 posts, read 1,114,921 times
These are easy to make (you can make ahead). My favorite are the Mexican!

Tortilla roll-ups 3 ways: The perfect appetizer for game day or any day! - TODAY.com

Serve with this!

Recipe of the Week: Crock Pot Taco Soup - HDR | Hickory Daily Record : News

Old 01-15-2016, 02:23 PM

50,179 posts, read 63,636,357 times
I bet they would like Buffalo Chicken Dip.

2 10oz cans chicken
2 8 oz pkgs cream cheese
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar
3/4 cup Frank's hot sauce (or other)
1 cup ranch dressing

Melt and stir until blended. Transfer to serving bowl. Serve with celery scoopers, sturdy crackers, or pita wedges.

Old 01-15-2016, 03:45 PM

23,401 posts, read 23,827,131 times
We always did wings, chips, celery sticks and beer. But, trying something different: quesadillas (chicken + cheese and cheese only), potstickers, celery, cold cuts, Doritos, and Italian salami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink