Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 06:25 AM

98 posts, read 115,137 times

Advertisements

Because it mixes well with bourbon on Sunday mornings.

Actually, I used to drink several cups (coffee, not bourbon) daily and it began to wreak havoc on my digestive system. I've now cut back to 1 or 2 cups per week. With the reduced frequency of intake it provides a much more noticeable energy and alertness boost, especially when I opt for a quad shot mocha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 06:30 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,791,992 times
1. I like it.
2. I'm prone to migraines and having a cup right after I get out of bed in the morning almost always prevents it.

support for 2: On days when we're on vacation and can't get to coffee right out of bed, or if we're out and I forgot to buy a new batch the night before, I often get a migraine.

Old 01-30-2016, 06:58 AM

247 posts, read 254,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
My hubby is like that. He could probably drink the whole pot of coffee, put his head on the pillow and be asleep in less than 5 minutes.
this is me,I can drink a pot at 7 pm and go right to sleep at 8,it can not keep me awake

Old 01-30-2016, 07:09 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
A couple of years ago, a cup of coffee was part of my morning ritual, and I loved both the taste and the pick-me-up, but, sadly, I cannot drink it any longer. I've adjusted and now drink herbal tea when I crave something warm. I do miss it. Meeting friends for a coffee is part of the social fabric in my part of the woods.

Old 01-30-2016, 07:12 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,771,744 times
I like the taste. Monday through Friday, I have 1 cup every morning before I go to work, and it must be black. Mmmmm. On the weekends, I might add a little half and half or cream (real cream, not the fake "creamer") if I have it. I don't have any today, so I'm drinking black. Never sweetener. Never. On the weekends, I have a little more time, so I might have 2 cups.

I might have a cup at work, but I usually find I brew a cup, then get busy and distracted, and by the time I remembered I had brewed a cup of coffee, it's cold....and reheated coffee is never as good as the original, so I've pretty much stopped doing that. I just sip my water at work.

In the evenings at home, I usually brew a cup or 2 of tea.

Old 01-30-2016, 07:14 AM

7,109 posts, read 4,828,236 times
Love the smell of my coffee percolating on the stove. Love the first taste when it's hot hot hot. Kind of a ritual. I drink it black, too. Perc it super strong. Hubby puts a bit of half and half in his.

I won't deny that I'm a bit addicted to the caffeine--if I don't have my coffee in the morning I feel "logy" all day, my eyes feel like slits, and I end up with a headache by early afternoon.

I can't drink it late, though, it will keep me awake.

Old 01-30-2016, 07:31 AM

3,763 posts, read 5,862,528 times
I really didn't start drinking it until my mid thirties as it was readily available at my workplace and was decently made. This was in the mornings. I had always been a heavy tea drinker , both hot tea in the mornings and then iced in late mornings through bedtime. Now, I make a small pot every morning, black and then make a pitcher of iced tea around 10 or so. I drink lots of iced tea, even in the Winter. Partly because it is no calorie with no sugar ( gave up the sugar because of cavities) and because it is cheap. I have started just drinking tap water at restaurants as the quality of iced tea varies.

Old 01-30-2016, 08:09 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,438,415 times
I can definitely taste the difference between regular and Decaffe. I refuse to drink it. My grandfather drank Sanka and it was gross. I drink two 12 oz. cups a day. One in the morning and one around 4 pm.

Old 01-30-2016, 08:32 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Speaking of coffee...did you hear about the double caffeine coffee biz that won
a free 30 sec ad at SuperBowl 50 ?
Won over 15,000 small businesses...upstate NY, 11 employees...millions seeing their ad.

Now, my ques is ...do you really want double the caffeine?
Organic, too...very clever commercial...hope you see it.
Can't say name of biz, probably against rules here.
Very expensive...whoa. supposedly smooth, not bitter.
Sorry this IS sounding like I'm promoting them.
I just love coffee.

I actually discovered the cool, increased mental clarity from coffee maybe 4 years ago.

Old 01-30-2016, 08:59 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,264,790 times
Nothing takes me back to my childhood like waking up to the smell of bacon frying and coffee brewing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink