Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 11:03 AM

17,201 posts, read 15,390,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Calling anything from McDonald's food should be a crime. None of it is actual food! French fries do not take 16 ingredients. They take 3 - potatoes, salt, oil.

And no all of us didn't eat McDonald's regularly as children. I probably had fast food 3-4 times a year as a child. My parents didn't have the money for this stuff. I never had a store bought birthday cake until I was in my 30's!
Last I checked, potatoes, chicken, beef, pork, lettuce and tomatoes (regardless of how they are cooked) were considered food... Unless you're a whale, then in that case planton would be considered food to you, and not the above-items.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 01:57 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,234,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I'm glad people post this stuff. Fast food, big agricorp, and processed food is like a massive amount of water behind a dam. Every time someone takes a pick-axe and whacks a chip out of the dam, it's good for our society.

High-end restaurant food isn't healthy, either. Way too much fat to be eating that stuff three meals a day. But at least our ingredients aren't toxic.
When I grew up, in the 60s and 70s, Fast Food was in it's infancy. At least where I lived. When my parents took us out to dinner, we usually went to Howard Johnson's or a mom and pop Italian restaurant. Sometimes a Deli.

What no one can dispute is the change in the SIZE and SHAPE of Americans. I remember there was a Big and Tall man store nearby, but I don't know anyone who needed it.

I had an aunt who "ballooned" in size, that was my mother and grandmother's word for it, to a 16. She joined Weight Watchers and slimmed down to an 8. I grew up never seeing anyone who was obese, much less morbidly obese. What changed? It seems that fast food changed the landscape of American and the health and appearance of Americans.

No one lives on a constant diet. It's good to splurge now and then. What I can't figure out is why anyone would waste their splurge on the crap that Mc Donards serves.

You want a cheeseburger? Go to a local restaurant and eat a real one.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:19 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
...You want a cheeseburger? Go to a local restaurant and eat a real one.
I do - I go to McDonald's.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:27 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,452,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Yep. Me too. I suppose it's good I have a thick skin - I'd be pretty upset if I didn't after listening to all the people who look down on and insult anyone who eats at McDonald's or ANY fast food for that matter.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:31 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
LOL McDonald's stock has zoomed through the roof. They've had quite a turnaround the last year or so. (I'm a shareholder and I'm lovin' it).

The legend of the Twinkies that don't spoil, or the Happy Meal that doesn't rot, are hoaxes.

Ask yourself why someone would buy and store a Happy Meal for 6 years with the dated receipt stapled to the box, if they don't have an agenda? Ask yourself what that agenda could be.

Ask yourself: if you cooked a hamburger or chicken nuggets at home, and stored them for 6 years right beside and under the same conditions as an equivalent McDonald's food item, would both foods look the same?
I could care less how McDonald stock performs, it has no effects on my health. I've found McD french fries under my car seat that's been there for months. It's hardened like a piece of wood but remains in tact and not spoiled or changed color or shape. Good preservation.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I could care less how McDonald stock performs...
So, you do care how their stock performs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
...I've found McD french fries under my car seat that's been there for months. It's hardened like a piece of wood but remains in tact and not spoiled or changed color or shape. Good preservation.
Try that same experiment with other low moisture products, and you'll see the same results. If you don't like their food don't eat there, but constantly attacking them is a futile undertaking.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:02 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,234,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post

Local, meaning locally owned. I didn't think that needed explanation, especially to someone who caught the "I could care less" comment.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:06 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,452,688 times
Quote:
Local, meaning locally owned. I didn't think that needed explanation, especially to someone who caught the "I could care less" comment.
Had it occurred to you that some of us don't WANT a cheeseburger from a diner or other "local or locally owned" place? We may WANT one from McDonald's. Why can't people understand that, and why do people think that makes them somehow superior to those of us who DO actually like food from McDonald's?

Last edited by Missy2U; 02-10-2016 at 03:15 PM..

Old 02-10-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
They are locally-owned franchises that have required a minimum investment of over a million dollars. To me, that makes them worthy of local support.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:47 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
Had it occurred to you that some of us don't WANT a cheeseburger from a diner or other "local or locally owned" place? We may WANT one from McDonald's. Why can't people understand that, and why do people think that makes them somehow superior to those of us who DO actually like food from McDonald's?
bravooooooooooooooooo !!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink