Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 01:09 PM

1,440 posts, read 4,417,044 times

Advertisements

For decades BK was one of my favorite fast food stops, when I was prone to enjoying such things. I'm afraid I'll probably never try one as it seems they've lost their ability to keep anything actually hot. The last three times I went the burgers were cold, not just cooled down from sitting, I mean cold. The complaint department got tired of hearing from me and I got tired of the after effects of undercooked food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 01:10 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,785,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Burger King's newest menu item: Grilled Dogs

So what does everyone think? Will this work? Would you try them? Should they add corn dogs?
Not going to work. There's a place in Vancouver, which serves up "Gourmet" hotdogs and frankly, they are STUFFED (Pun not intended) sun up to sun down....I doubt they're going to worry...

Old 02-21-2016, 02:08 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
McD has tried just about everything. I know they've tried fried chicken and pizza. I don't know if they ever tried tacos.
did they have roast beef at one time? i was just looking at the "holly eats" blog and he mentioned convincing them that they didn't want to serve fried chicken or roast beef.

Holly Moore at HollyEats.com

Old 02-21-2016, 02:19 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
If I want a dog, I'll make one myself - with the type of meat I want (andouille sausage, a good bratwurst, etc.) and just the toppings a like (usually only chopped white onions and a good mustard) with the right bun. I can't make them far better than Burger King, and they're quick and easy anyway. Plus, done even remotely right they tend to be messy - which sort of defeats the convenience of fast food.
why would they be messy? the only time i've had messy dogs was when i ordered them with "everything".

Old 02-21-2016, 04:09 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,886,113 times
Mm mm yes I want some hotdog. 7eleven has hotdogs 3 for $3.

Old 02-21-2016, 04:41 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,608,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I prefer pork or a pork/veal blend in my hot dogs.

I grew up in New York City where there is a huge kosher-keeping population and from that perspective I get the dominance of beef, but outside of that I don't understand the almost religious preference for all-beef hot dogs even among people who happily scarf pork chops and bacon.

I am not saying it is wrong to have a preference mind you, only that the overwhelming popularity of all-beef to the virtual exclusion of pork is puzzling.

Of course brands like Hebrew National's advertising does make the claim that anything made from anything but the front half of a cow is disgusting so maybe that has something to do with it :-)
Do they seriously claim there are no lips or sphincters in their hot dogs?

Old 02-21-2016, 04:53 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
No. I don't go out to eat for hot dogs, even though I like them on the grill at home. But they are way overpriced at the restaurant. I can't believe the James Coney Island chain is still in business. Those are some insanely overpriced hot dogs and fries. I actually like the Burger King burgers. I think they taste great, but I don't go out to eat there anymore because of their drink selection, oddly enough. They only carry one diet drink: Diet Coke. I can't stand the taste of Diet Coke. It tastes like liquid Sweet 'n' Low, and I like Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper, or Coke Zero instead. But Burger King refuses to keep up with the times, and unlike the majority of fast food chains, continues to carry only Diet Coke, and the rest of the drinks are the sugary ones I dislike as well. And since they won't let me opt out the drink entirely and save $1-$2, I don't go there anymore at all. Typical corporate mentality: be inflexible with customers and succeed in losing 100% of their revenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Huh? Buger King has installed Coca-Cola Freestyle Machines, giving you a choice if over 100 different soda flavors. Burger King Introduces Coca-Cola's Freestyle Fountains: The Coca-Cola Company

And what do you mean they won't let you opt out of ordering a drink??? You order your hamburfer, you order your frues, you sit down and eat.
They don't have the freestyle machines at the Burger Kings where I live. If they did, I would still eat there. And what I meant by them not letting me opt out of ordering a drink is when I order the value meal, I don't want to pay the $1.50 for a drink I won't drink, since they don't have the freestyle machines. When I ask them to take the Coke charge off, they won't, so the drink is a useless additional charge I don't want, so I just go somewhere else that has drinks I like.

Old 02-21-2016, 05:57 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Burger King would be wise not to follow McDonald's into diversifying its menu and deterring away from its focus on burgers. Neither Burger King nor McDonald's have performed well recently.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:17 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
Why would flame broiled hotdogs ever be put in a water bath in a steamer? It's Burger King, they'll make them to order.
That last statement is where we disagree. Why would they put them in a steamer? It's Burger King.

They'll make them to order? Again.. It's Burger King. Maybe your franchisee has higher standards than the ones I'm used to.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:23 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,583,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Burger King's newest menu item: Grilled Dogs

So what does everyone think? Will this work? Would you try them? Should they add corn dogs?
I always preferred hot dogs to burgers. Never understood the American preoccupation with the hamburger. They were good (when I ate them back then), but hot dogs were always better. Yum! Hot dog bun, weenie, mustard, relish. Maybe a few onions. Mmmmmmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink